About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Monday, February 18, 2013

A day of meanings....

      Everyday in our family holds meaning. Another day to live, love and be more like Jesus. February 18th holds a few memories for me. Some I don't share, but the memory that is the most vivid is of my Ivee. This day, 2 years ago in 2011, Ivee underwent her last brain surgery (knock on wood)! Her cancer coming back was a surprise to me and Dr. Merchant. She had no symptoms when we discovered it via MRI that January. But, here we were, in Memphis, TN as she underwent her fight to beat cancer again. Another year marks another milestone. Brittney and I were talking a few weeks ago, and she made a statement. "I remember some of my life before Ivee, but so much has happened in the last 6 years since she's been born, that I don't really remember life without her and cancer."
      You would make think that her statement made me sad, but honestly, I feel blessed. My kids are "typical" kids and they don't really know a "normal" life. BUT, they have been given a testimony. They know that life is short and there is no time for the trivial things. Like I said, they are normal kids. They want to do what is meaningful to them. Ethan is probably a little more "typical" then Brittney. He is still in "me" mode. But, Brittney has made me so proud. She has her moments, but she is a great big sister, and she takes care of Ivee like she was her own, cause she is. Ethan does do for her as well, even though he is in the "aggravation" mode when it's comes to her. I am hearing so much, "Stop it Ethan," lately. Sometimes he has aggravated her so much, he can just walk by her dancing and she says it. He looks at me and says, "I didn't do anything." That is when I remind him that if you aggravate someone enough, they think everything you do is to aggravate them! I'm sure that went in one ear and out the other.
     Time to do a little picture catch up.

This is Ivee at New Years. She was so cute wobbling around pointing her cousin Nathan's laser gun. 

Ivee just loves for me to pull out the camera and take random shots. 
Above is us in the doctors office waiting. 

Ivee has also had an obsession with putting napkins on her head for the last three years. Her Brittney has no issue in joining her in her napkin wear. I love how my 16 year old loves her baby sister!!

Emmett and I have a growing group of kids who hang at our house and church every week. Emmett and I open our home to kids 12-20 years old every Friday night for about a year now. We serve them supper, they listen to Emmett give testimony and read the Word, and then we usually play Just Dance. I enjoy these kids so much. This is a pic of a few at an Underground Mobile event. 

Brittney had her first medical procedure this past week. Her Endoscopy showed nothing that helped us with her stomach issues, but her drugs gave us all something to laugh about...including Brittney.  

Cousin Nathan's birthday lead to a good time. She loved the slide even if it was cold. Whitney and Haley enjoyed their time with their cousin as well! 

Ivee took one day with  her cousin Haley and played dress up. Here is my Merida!!!


I didn't post any Christmas pics this past year, but my kids have so much fun dancing together. 


We also don't eat out much, well, like we used to, but Ethan still dazes out when eating Mexican! :) 

Finally, here is my Ivee as school. Mom came for the party that day. Love this baby so much!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Just happened onto your lovely blog and truly enjoy reading every word...Our Father has such an amazing way of touching so many lives through His beautiful children...what great testimonies you and your children have shared along the way. Thank you for sharing Ivee's story! God Bless!