About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Tall doctor with an accent said WHAT?

I am a little more than frustrated. Some doctors just grate on my nerves. Went to the GI doctor, after having talked to the surgeon about her stomach last week. He said he would Email the GI and they would come up with a plan to treat this medically. When the GI doctor came in, he had to read all over the notes trying to find out what was going on. I'm thinking to myself, "Shouldn't you have read over this before you came in the room?" Then as he begins to talk, I have to fill in the blanks with what the surgeon said. Then I have to "remind" him of what we discussed last visit. He then preceeds to draw diagrams of stuff, not really knowing how to explain it. I already knew what he was talking about, so we could've skipped this part. Then he tells me of a medicine we can try for her stomach, that is a antihistamine, but blocks the sensitivity of the fundus (a part of the stomach). Or maybe we could try giving her feeds at night, which is something he didn't want to do last time. (That is when I asked if it would be better for her). Sooo...now I get to decide what we should do. Really?!?!! Me? I have a medical degree now? Well, by now I probably could ace certain parts of their testing!!! So, I don't really know what to do. I'm going to think about it. Since brain surgery is coming in less than two weeks, I'm going to try to not fret about it. It can just be so frustrating. You like one doctor (surgeon) and then think that when you get in to the GI doctor something, some kind of game plan would be ready to go. I can't stand an "unprepared" doctor. Yeah, I know your busy, but the Contrast Dye was done more than 2 weeks ago. You can't take 5 minutes to read a report and make a decision the week before you see the patient. And his HANDWRITING!!!! I won't even go there. I know it may be rude, because he is writing notes for me to take home, but as he talks I take my own notes. I just can't read that chicken scratch.
That is it with the venting. I just feel the tension building in my neck. I've got enough anxiety right now, that this visit just didn't help. I am trying to not let to much of my stress out, but sometimes I think I can just imagine my head opening up and my brain screaming. I can feel it welling up behind my forehead.
Sorry...I'm done.
Keep praying and bless you all.
Hope m/o Ivee the blessed.  

1 comment:

Andea said...

I cannot even imagine how frustrated you are/were. My daughter has a rare disease. So we see the doctor often. Someone gave me a GREAT piece of advice long ago. Although it won't take care of the unpreparedness of doctors, a voice recorder is wonderful to have since you can go back & listen to it later. For me personally, I still like to take some notes, but for the long office visit or one with a lot of details, the voice recorder has served us well.