About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Morning 5 at Le Bonheur and all is going better...

Will still be in ICU for the day (at least) O2 is getting better but still far off from being allowed to go to the floor. We have begun to wean her from the oxygen feed. Is was at 60% and now she's on 40%. Soon we'll begin to lower the flow (pressure) into her nose. We began to slowly feed her yesterday a few mls an hour. She is up to almost 2 ounces an hour on the pediasure, so her strength should continue to increase.
She is beginning to speak just slightly, not quite a wisper. She's keeps saying, I want to go! Don't we all. Em and I both held her for a long time yesterday. She has been sleeping really well. Doesn't need as much suctioning as before. She is trying to sit up in bed on her own, but too weak. She is moving her head really well!
On the "IVee" side of things... She fake yawned with her hand last night to say she's tired, and this morning she told me to get out of her way cause I was blocking the tv. The night nurse said she kept blowing her kisses out the window last night. She told me to lay down in the crib with her this morning (thank goodness I can fit in there with her and that she didn't ask daddy). She wants to draw, but can't hold the pen well. She is becoming the independent Ivee we all know and love, and neurologically she is doing great!!!!
Thank you to all of our friends for your continued support. We love you guys and love hearing from you!!
*Many have asked to be tagged in a note to make sure other friends that aren't my friends see it, and then others of you just wanted to be updated. If I remember I will continue to tag you! ;)

1 comment:

Sybil Lindell said...

It sounds as if our prayers are being answered, I'm going to keep praying until I see that she is home and doing great then I'm going to Thank God that he is in control of everything. Will also be praying for strength for you and your family.