About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

After surgery, looking bright...

Around 10 last night, they extibated her. She is doing well, but is struggling to breathe due to the very thick secretions. She is on a pressurized oxygen tube, and 60% oxygen. We have to suction her ever so often. She can't speak, yet, can hear her make some sounds, but mainly when crying. I have learned to read her lips to try to understand what she wants. She asked for Brittney, big sister, often last night and this morning. So, she was very pleased when she came in this morning. She's asked to draw, but can't hold the pen. She just puts it i her hand and goes to sleep. She tries to sit up on her own. She just told us a moment ago she wants to go swimming. She mouthed it, but made the arm motions like she was doing a stroke in the water. 
Dr. Boop wants to keep her over night again in the ICU. This, 48 hours, is the time when the swelling of the brain is at it worst. She needs to be more stable in breathing, so in the ICU we will stay another night. We will see how it goes. MRI after-scan was clear with no signs of tumor left behind. He was concerned that her vision, right side of face, and hearing may be affected, but there have been no visible signs of deficit. Her eyes are straight and her face seems proportional.  
I don't believe we'll be going home when the nurse orginally anticipated (perhaps she didn't know the extent of the procedure.) Hopefully we'll  go home by Wednesday, cause dad has to go to work at the end of the week. 
Continue prayers, and thank you for all of your words of encouragement and support. 
love,
The Foley's 

2 comments:

B said...

love y'all and praying for you

Paula Casallo said...

Hope - The MRI news sounds good - right? I hate that your baby is going through this again but she is such a fighter. I LOVE that she wants to go swimming. I am thinking of you and your family as well as all the little ones you keep on this site. I don't understand but I chose to believe that GOD is good and he LOVES IVEE so much. Praying for a quick recovery for your angel.

In His Love,
Paula Casallo