About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Surgery is over and she is doing well.

She is finally rested, and sleeping in ICU. Dr. Boop believes he got it all. He said it was on the nerve that controls the right eye, and underneath the nerves that control right side facial movement and hearing. So these things might be affected. She was suppose to stay sedated, but then Tracy, the NP, came by the room and said that  Dr. Boop called from the ICU saying, "He just called me, and is very pleased. She is in the bed wide awake looking around." We thought she was suppose to be sedated. Well, she was. They couldn't get the dose to knock her back out. You could tell she was ANGRY! Wanted mommy and daddy to take her out of this joint!!! The good news, her right eye was straight and NOT turned in!!!! They have had a hard time keeping her sedated. They had a horrible time the last hour keeping her sedated. I stayed back there trying to calm her down. She has a huge tolerance for these meds. Finally had to give her a dose that would've knocked momma out for 3 days. The MRI is scheduled for 7:30 a.m. in the morning and if all is well (no signs of tumor left behind) they will take out the breathing tube and start getting her aware and hopefully pain free. And hopefully, she will go back the floor. Daddy is going to stay with her tonight in the ICU. He doesn't want to leave her alone. I am going to go with my dad and Brittney to get something that is not hospital food soon. I'm going to sleep at the Grizzly house tonight to actually get some rest. I'll be in the room tomorrow night. 
We should know by tomorrow night if we are looking at any real complications, but so far the fighting and eye are a Great sign!!!!

2 comments:

awillmann said...

Thank the Good Lord for the Positive signs!!!!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord. Bless you sweet lady for all you have been thru with this child. A mother's love endures all. I have a 4-year-old of my own and have not been able to get Ivee off my mind. Will continue to pray that all goes well in the upcoming days. God Bless!
Love,
Tammy James
Russellville, AL