About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

In a room...but not all is well...

Yeah...so we're in a room and we're pretty sure this kid is pissed off at us. There are no nice words for it. She just get's in a hospital funk, and you can't do much to get her out of it. About an hour ago, while my back was turned for a moment, she grabbed all the chords and just started pulling them. I turned around and they were all on her, and she had pulled the oxygen from her nose, taking the chords in her hands and flinging them about. Just going crazy. I can't blame her. It was her way of just releasing some tension!! We still can't lower her oxygen right now. Her right lung is not working at full capacity. We will have to do Chest PT tonight. That is where they beat on her chest or back to help the lung to work, and it helps to loosen secretions. They won't do this at night, but 3 times a day. Her voice is still not truly back. She is coughing a little stronger. I don't think we will be going home anytime soon. Em will be staying with us instead of going back to work. We are both concerned for her mental and phsical well being. She doesn't quite say or do the things she did before, so we are hoping that it is just the swelling on her brain and the fact that she is just so tired. 
They will probably take a chest xray tonight to confirm her lung status. She tested negative for flu and rsv. 

On another note all together. Some family and friends came by today. My Uncle Paul and Aunt Cindy surprised us with a drive thru visit. Our friend, Mike Burger, was in town for business and treated us to dinner. A new Memphis Friend, Mark Horrocks, brought us CORKYS!!!! for lunch. He has a non-profit housing and charity here to help families just like ours during this time of need. He gave us some ideas for ministry to take home. Em and I have some ideas to think over, and some things that others can assist with. 

So, we are tired, she wants to come home, but she has to get better. Please pray that we can get her lungs working. We don't want to go back to ICU. Pray that she finds her happy place and that she will realize that her mommy and daddy do love her. We appreciate you guys lifting us up in prayer. 

No comments: