About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Prayer

From Johnny's Momma...

...."I've had to report some pretty difficult news here in the past...this will by far be the most difficult. Johnny's tumor is back again, same area of the brainstem, and currently about 1 inch in diameter. His recent symptoms of weakness and not being able to eat gave us this idea, yesterday's​ scan just confirmed it. And so what to do?? Surgery is out, we will not put him through that again. Radiation is out, he has maxed out. That leaves the option of chemotherap​y, and we have made the decision not to pursue this course either. Hosp​ice has been involved for a couple of weeks now (since the NG tube), I just had a difficult time admitting it. Of course our questions have all been about what to expect now. And our goal is only his comfort. We should be seeing a slowing down from now on. We have no idea how much time we will have left with Johnny. And the tears are just rolling down my face uncontrolla​bly as I type this. All I know is that we do not want him to suffer anymore. And the suffering for all of us will go on for our lifetime.Fo​r those of you dear friends who are in the fight with us, opting for chemotherap​y, my greatest hope and prayer is that it keeps the monster away and life goes on. It simply is not the best choice for us. Johnny did really well during the scan yesterday and we spent the evening at the ball park watching Grant's game. He was surrounded by cute girls and loving it. Now, we need to go see Papa play. Today, he was able to make it to school for a couple hours. I know you are all in tears, too. And you're asking what can I do? It is such a helpless feeling and situation. We have everything we need - each other.So, the prayer request changes a little as of today. Please pray for comfort and peace for us all. Much love and hugs, Jennin​e."

Words cannot express the pain I feel right now for this family. Please pray with us!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am joining you in prayer. Love, Anna