About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Thursday, February 04, 2010

One Week left?

I believe we will only have one week left in the hospital if all goes smoothly. Ivee's new shunt surgery will be on Monday, the 8th. Not sure of the time yet. Dr. Martino informed me that 4 hours before surgery they need to clamp off her shunt to enlarge her ventricles so he can perform the surgery. That means 4 hours of a pretty bad headache just getting worse. Not sure she'll be able to have anything other than Motrin to help with that. If surgery goes well, then I assume we'll be on the floor for no more than 2 days and we can go home. Ivee is trying to find ways to entertain herself and others. She feels much better since she slept off the headache yesterday. It completely wiped her out! Her eczema is increasingly getting worse. The stress makes it flare up, and the moisture under her tape on her hands and feet. She was itching like crazy last night. Benadryl helped some. So, right now we just need to find ways to entertain each other! Good thing she isn't a child who runs and climbs everywhere! 

2 comments:

Sabrina Flowers said...

Hope,
Praying for Ivee as always...

My daughter uses Protopic for her eczema. Before that, nothing worked and this cream worked like nothing had. Maybe someone has some samples of it around there you could try?

I hope you all get better soon and survive the stay alright!

Sabrina Flowers

Anonymous said...

We are praying Hope. We love ya'll, Anna