About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

I don't even care what day it is

Ivee slept pretty well last night, just tossing and turning some. This morning at 7 we clamped of her ventriculostomy. She complained with a huge headache until 9:30 when Dr. Martino decided to CT scan her to see if her ventricles were enlarged. They were is the only thing I've heard so far, though I am sure he will come up and talk to me after his surgeries. We opened her venc back up, and the pressure is off, so she is resting now. It must have been a pretty painful headache for her, but now we know. She will need a shunt. This is going to always be the case. So, I am content to deal with this. Not sure when she will have surgery to have a new one placed...if I had to place a guess, we are probably stuck her until Monday :( . This time the surgery will be a bit more delicate. He will have to try to cross her new shunt line past her port in her upper right shoulder/chest area. So it wll probably be a bit more involved and require a few more incisions.


thank you for your prayers. Continue to lift her up until this is all over.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope,
We are bathing her in prayer lifting her to the Lord. May He strengthen and encourage all of you. Love, Anna

Anonymous said...

Hey Hope, we will continue to lift Ivee up at all times. Please give her a hug. Praying for you and your strength.
Love,
Beth Pinyerd

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for the disappointment! I guess at the very least you are familiar with the idea of a shunt-for-life, but still I'm sorry. I'm praying to that the port doesn't cause a problem - I know that it was a concern for our surgeon with Matilda. I also hope that you can finally go home soon - its been quite a stay and I know it can't be easy for Ivee at this age, pain notwithstanding.

Thanks for keeping us updated, I find your family on my mind alot lately, and your sttrength is a daily reminder of what we are reaching for...

All our best, God bless,
Lindsay