About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Monday, February 08, 2010

Surgery Day

Excuse the first part of this blog. It was from my Facebook rant yesterday! Didn't want my blog to feel left out! :)

Facebook: Wow! After saying it for about a week now, a doctor finally listened to me. I think I know my childs body, and I told them she was having an allergic reaction to the meds. They just wouldn't quite listen. First it was just eczema (which I believe is part of it), then it was the medicine for her eczema just isn't strong enough so lets try two other tubes of creme, then it was contact dermititus (on just her hands and feet? when the rest of her is touching the sheets as well and they aren't broke out????)! Then Finally yesterda, after 4 nights of no sleep from the itching, let's bring the Infectious Disease doctor back in. OH! What's that!?!?! He agrees with mom?! It looks like an allergic reaction to the meds! So let's get an even stronger creme, and put her on prednizone! Let me tell you, before Ivee I was the mom who took her kids to the doctor after they were sick for like 2 weeks. Never saw a doctor as a kids unless something was punctured and needed stiches in the ER! Even with Ivee I am not overly sensitive to medical stuff. I believe viruses come and go and a doctors visit isn't necessary for everything (not to offend anyone, that is just me, so please don't be offended!) BUT, if I call for a doctor to come into the room it is because something is WRONG! I'm not being paranoid or a hypracondriac. (Sorry if my spelling is notrocious. Don't feel like doing spell check on the PC) Okay....done venting!

We clamped off her ventriculostomy this morning at 8:00 a.m. Surgery will be around 11:30 a.m. Praying it is on time this time, since clamping her off gives her a horrible headache. Unfortunately, Ivee's ventricles are so small we have to make them swell to be able to perform the surgery! thanks for prayers

No comments: