About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Friday, January 08, 2010

Something great to celebrate

Yesterday I got Ivee to take 8 bites of jello in one day! That was great for us, but then today at Speech she took 6 in one hour of therapy. She wasn't the most willing participant, but she is making progress. Many, many thanks to Lori, her therapist, for helping me find ways and activities to get her interested in eating!!!
On another therapy note...she is wanting to walk more, with her walker and with hand help. She goes from our coffee table/chest to daddy in his recliner. She has to get her 'footing' but then she can usually takes two steps before loosing her balance. Her core is still weak, but little by little she is getting stronger all the time! She will get her new cpo (leg braces) next week. They will help with the hyperextension of her knees. Thankfully she won't have to wear them all the time! The orthopedic is concerned about some sublixation of her hip socket. I showed her scans to her grandpa (the chiropractor), so we will be working on some plan to help her with that. Thankfully the doctor doesn't think surgery is necessary since she shows no sign of pain. He will xray again in 4 months to see what is happening there.
We leave for St. Jude on Tuesday the 19th. Her MRI will be on Wednesday. Pray, once again, for a clear/stable scan!
Haven't heard from Jennine about Johnny today, but I woke up with them on my mind first thing this morning. I am praying every hour for them as he goes into the OR today!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hope I deeply appreciate your blog which keeps me up to date on my little buddy Ivee. It sounds like to me she is making a lot of progress. I will be praying that her MRI Scan is clear. Ivee's walk and the way you and Emmett care for your family during this time is such a testimony to so many. I will be praying for your strength and God's provisions. Too, I am praying for Johnny Sileno. Keep looking up! Hug Ivee for me as well as Ethan And Brittney!
Jeremiah 29:11 for the new year!

Love In Christ,
Mrs. Beth Pinyerd