About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Post surgery update

Surgery went fine. She did very well. We were stuck in recovery waiting on a room in the PICU. Once they rolled "us" upstairs she wasn't happy to see where we were going. Guess she thought we were going home. So, last night we got settled into our room in the ICU.

Ivee had a really rough night. I had to sleep with her to calm her down. They had to put the oxygen on her, and she tried to pull it off all night. They finally took it off around 4 am and she slept a little better. This morning, they gave her one of her antibiotics, and her heartrate flew up and stayed in the 170/180's. She became clammy, kept holding her heart and wouldn't let me put her down. We stopped the med, and within an hour it lowered to the 150s. Now it is staying in the 140/130s. She probably developed a sensitivity to the medicine, so we are changing things up. We need to make sure that whatever caused the infection is out of her system. She is watching Dora in her bed and is doing better. Mom needs a nap, and so does she. Hopefully we'll get one soon.

4 comments:

Luvlie said...

praying for ya'll!

Anonymous said...

Hope praying for you and Ivee to get some good rest tonight.

So glad to hear she came through the surgery well.

God bless,
Beth Pinyerd

LINDSAY said...

I'm thinking of Ivee and you...I hope that her comfort level improves and that you both can manage some sleep. You are such a great mom and I'm sure that's helping her to heal. Thanks for posting...

God bless you,
Lindsay

Hope Foley said...

Thanks for the prayers! We really appreciate them all!