About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday Update

Em gave me a break last night. I got to go home and take a much needed shower, and then sleep in my own bed. Unfortunately I forget to turn his alarm clock off when I go home. Her heartrate started to fly up again this morning after I feed her and gave her bolis meds, and she was attached to her IV fluid meds. We quickly counter acted it with more fluids. We didn't let it get above 170 this time. Still uncertain as to why she is doing this in the mornings, and not in the evenings.


We have one of our favorite nurses today, Kelli. She was with us from the start of this whole thing over 3 years ago.She was the first to try to get Ivee to eat after her tumor resection. She and I relived the moment this morning. I told her, "I remember when you tried to feed her, you looked back and me and just shook your head." She said, "I know. I remember it. It just broke my heart that she was like that. And I hurt for you guys!" It is great to see so many familiar faces (nurses and doctors) who have come in to see her. They are just amazed by our tough little angel! They just can't believe it has been that long and that the baby they knew 3 years ago and had such a hard time is now almost 4 years old and doing so well. Em and I know why though. To God be the glory!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope, thanks so much for keeping prayer warriors abreast of how Ivee is doing.I am glad you got to go home and sleep. Sleep also is such good medicine as well. I hope Emmett is feeling better after the virus and still praying you don't get anything. Ivee is a miracle and it truly amazes me how she has made the best out of everything with her smile. She is truly a gift to the Foleys and a gift to everyone she meets. Hope I will be praying that you have a good weekend and that you get some rest with the rain and too get to stretch and rest by your little girl.

With Christ's Love for His young sheep,
Beth Pinyerd

Anonymous said...

Oh these shunts can test one's patience. It would be wonderful if she didn't have to have it at all.
Our Johnny is back in the hospital with a possible shunt infection. He was admitted yesterday (Friday). I know Jennine hasn't had a minute to put out an update on caringbridge-he's on antibiotics - keep him in your prayers. I'll be anxious to read your next update - my prayers continue. from Johnny's proud ""mima" Kathy