About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Ivee in the hospital

Now I am home and can update from my PC. Long story short! Ivee is in the hospital cause we notices continued redness and swelling along the shunt line in her neck and chest. They have drawn blood and csf cultures from her port and shunt. The fluid looked clear, and so far no signs of anything. If the cultures grow anything, then we are looking at a possible bacterial infection and surgery will have to be done to remove it. If nothing grows, it is probably viral. We will continue to treat her with antibiotics.
She had a stomach virus this weekend, and it is a possibility that it went up her line somehow on the outside. She can't throw up so diarreha were the symptoms. The fever was slight on Tuesday, but last night at home you could just feel her and know she was sick. Before I left her with Emmett tonight, she was already beginning to feel a bit better. Still redness and swelling, but it is going down gradually. I will post as I know more. Thanks for your prayers!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. I am praying the Lord will bring His complete healing and strengthen all of you. Love, Anna

Anonymous said...

Saying lots of prayers that Ivee get the shunt issue under control -will anxiously watch for your updates - from Johnny Sileno's proud grandma, Kathy

Anonymous said...

Matilda just had an unexpected shunt put in on Thursday, so I just logged on to check in...I am praying for Ivee and I dearly hope that whatever the doctors decide to do that she will overcome it. These littles ones are amazing!

We just returned home from the hospital and are driving to Boston tomorrow for radiation - not ideal, but we too are hoping for the best and placing our trust and faith in God.

Ivee is in our prayers and in our thoughts, as are you!

Lindsay
(Matilda's mom)