About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Surgery Update

So far, the cultures aren't growing anything. This is good. That means that the infection is not in the brain/shunt. The CT scan came back clear of any cellutos cyst, which is also good. We will be waiting Dr. Martino's visit on Monday. He will be doing some research this weekend to see what he thinks would be best for Ivee, as he will also be consulting Dr. Mancou of infectious disease. I am assuming we have a 50/50 chance of surgery to remove the shunt. We will know more on Monday when he has checked the culture results and has finished his research. So once again, our daughter has something unusual and rare happening with her. Why would be expect anything else! Thanks for your prayers. We know who the ultimate healer is and has always been. Em and I are thankful for the last 3 years. God has graced our family with a new understanding of what is important in life, and with a new understanding of what our heavenly Father faced when His child was put through the fire!!!!!
Remember: That past is but a thought, and the future is yet to be seen, but today is a gift! That is why it is called the present!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hope,

Do I perfectly more than anything understand that each day is a present after going through thyroid surgery, and continuing to recover. Hope, I too, understand this after having a sick baby as well. Gus came into this world with a whole lot of health problems initially. As I follow your blogs I reflect back on how we felt with each doctor's report of his health in his early years. God used our situation with Gus to show us what was really important and what was not. Hope, thanks so much for sharing Ivee's progress with your prayer warriors. Being a recipient of intercessory prayer over the past few months myself I know the importance of fellow brothers and sisters praying for us and our families when we cannot even utter a word. To know that Jesus intercedes on our behalf and our children's behalf is resting in God's divine chamber of healing. Give Ivee a Kiss from Mrs. Beth please. I will be praying for her doctors and your strength as a mother.

Love in Christ,
Beth Pinyerd