About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Not a lot of time but....

Not alot of time, but I wanted to blog quickly. I can fill in more detail later.
We are NOT in surgery today. We are home. Now, we met with Dr. Sanford on Monday, and he wanted to do a posterior fossa myelogram on Ivee. This is a contract dye CT scan in the region of her brain where the tumor was. They do an LP (lumbar puncture) and inject her with a dye, tilt her head down for 30 minutes, then scan her. He wanted to see if the brain fluid was allowing the brain to communicate with each other. The CSF (brain fluid) was flowing in the ventricle, but not in the area of the scar tissue. He said this is not life threatening to her. Surgery, if it were to happen, would allow her to walk more quickly, as where therapy and free will might take her a long time. I don't know what this means about the pressure on the brain stem. I still have unanswered questions. I will be collecting my thoughts, as will Emmett, and calling him back with many questions. Surgery may be an option, but at this time it is not scheduled yet. We are suppose to go back to see the doctor on September 8th, but at this time, I am not sure of anything else.
My prayer is that we will all be clear in our communication and that this will be a clear decision for us. In the end, I believe it will be Emmett and my decision. Thank you and I'll keep you updated.
I apologize for the tardiness of this post, but I had no time to blog for you while there. THAT is another story in itself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We continue to pray..for clear communication and wisdom for you & Emmett. Love, Anna C.

Anonymous said...

I know God will show us the way on what is best for this precious gift from God, Ivee, Foley.

As a family of faith your church family is praying for you.

You are such a light to many.

Love, Beth Pinyerd

Chadwick said...

What's up?
Just wanted to let you know we're constantly praying for you guys