About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Latest News

I'm quite tired, and not really up for long explanations, but I wanted to make everyone aware of Ivee's latest news. Dr. Merchant and I talked on Friday. There is some concern about scar tissue or a cyst near Ivee's brain stem that is causing the CSF (or brain fluid) to not drain properly. This is putting pressure on that area. After we stated some concerns with her balance, he wanted to review this finding with the neurosurgery (and others) board there. They are in agreement that this could be causing balance problems for Ivee. The "pockets" (as they are called) that can develop after a surgery like Ivee's is not uncommon, but they usually form in a place that causes no problems. After speaking with Dr. Samford (the neurosurgeon), he said in 5,000 surgeries he and his partner have performed, there have only been 3 other cases where they have performed a surgery to help children with this. The other 3 have been successful, and after 3 to 6 weeks, those children were able to walk.
So, as it stands right now, sometime in the weeks to come, Ivee and Mommy will travel back to Memphis. Dr. Samford (n-surgeon) will evaluate her and her MRIs. If he feels that surgery would definitely help Ivee, he is willing to do it. If he thinks it is a slim chance of helping, then he won't do it. Then, of course depending on the odds, Em and I have the final decision on this.
This would not be a "major" surgeries, that is in comparison to tumor removal, but it would mean opening up the back of her head again. This means another painful surgery and tough recovery for her (and for mom and dad).
So, Em and I are praying what any parent would pray. That the Lord would just see fit to make her all better. Em and I just don't want to go through this again, but we do want what is best for Ivee. So, even though my prayers may be for this "cup to be passed," I still want the Lord's will to be done in our lives!
I will keep you informed of the dates and more details as they become clear to us. You are all wonderful to keep with us, and as always, we covet your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope,
I did not realize this. We will pray...bath you in prayer. I cannot imagine what you are going through. I know God is able. May the Lord strengthen and encourage your heart. Love, Anna C.

Luvlie said...

I will be praying for you guys. I will also have my Bible study group praying as well. I keep an eye on your blog and have been missing hearing about Ivee and the rest of you. I can understand the delay in posting this one, though.