About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Final Update from St. Jude

So, it has been a pretty good week of news. Ivee's MRI came back clear. There is a little concern that the CSF in her brain (the spinal fluid) may be causing some pressure on the brain affecting her balance. This has been a concern for us in consideration of her problems with standing unassisted and walking. But, good news other wise. We decided to leave Ivee's port in due to some discussions we had with Ivee's nurse and nurse practitioner, so we didn't have surgery today. We decided that since the port makes accessing her veins easier (due to the fact that she is so chunky and young) she should just keep it. It doesn't pose a problem for her, and if the port is flushed correctly every month, there is No chance of infection, unlike a central line (outer port). She has many of those, as many of you know since you have been following her life and our story.
So, thank you for the prayers! We really appreciate everything you do for us.
Hope, Emmett, and the kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope, we will continue to pray. So glad to hear of some good news for Ivee. My the Lord continue to give you & Emmett wisdom as you make decisions for your family.

Anonymous said...

Hope - I know you have been wondering where in the world I went to - losing sleep over it I am sure HA HA! My husband cut our internet line putting in a sprinkler system and he refusing to pay for them to come out and repair it. CRAZY! Anyway...I have been wondering about Ivee and thinking of her often. I asked Aunt Karen the other day how she was and she said doing well. I am so excited to her she got another clear on her MRI. The pic with the Survivor Tag on her back was WOW - what a statement and testimony. That is a strong little girl. I will continue to pray for you and keep in touch. All God's best...Paula