About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Friday, June 20, 2008

A Full Week

"I'M A SURVIVOR"
The family spent last Saturday morning volunteering for "Ride Yellow" to raise money for the Lance Armstrong Cancer Foundation. It is bike ride that has taken place in Bay Minette for a few years now. Ivee, our inspiration of course, is wearing her "I'm a survivor" tag. They had a great turn out. Em and I donated and volunteered in honor of Ivee, and in memory of Jennifer Busby and Jody Caraway. We are still fighting for a cure and better treatments. The kids had a good time helping, as you can see below with Ethan's smile!
Sunday, Father's Day was great. It was my friend and long time boss, Tony's, last Sunday leading Faith Family in worship. We ended the day with the choir singing the national anthem at Hank Aaron Stadium, the home of the Bay Bears. Ivee didn't enjoy the heat at first, but as the sun was setting behind us, she found her "love" of the game.
Here is Ivee and papaw enjoying the game.
Next, Ivee got the chance to try the water pad in Bay Minette in her first swimsuit ever. Mommy wrapped her gbutton up really well in bandages and saran wrap so that it would stay dry. I was a little scared it may not work, but when I unwrapped her it was as dry as a whistle!
She had so much fun that when it was time for her to get out and dry off she was NOT HAPPY. She wanted to continue to play with Brittney and Ethan. It figures that the kid who loves water and bathes is the one who can't have them! Oh well, mommy found a way. Unfortunately tagederms (the bandages that cover wounds and medical stuff) cost too much money and are not covered by insurance, so we can't go play or take a bath everyday. A shame isn't it! SO, we all enjoy these moments that come so few times.
Thanks for checking in. Life is still busy here, but all is well. We will be leaving for St. Jude on Sunday, July 6th. We'll be gone a whole week with a ton of test and procedures. If I don't update before then keep us in your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you "found a way" to make it work for Ivee to wear her bathing suit..that's a Mom thing; great pictures of all the kids.
We will be praying as you travel to St Jude's and that everything will go well.
Love, Anna

Grace said...

Hi Mrs. Hope,

She looks SO cute in her little bathing suit.

Love,
Grace