About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Been a while...

It has been a while since I have blogged. There is not much new going on with the Foley's. Em has a motorcycle now, for those who don't know. It is helping with the gas prices. Luckily, he hasn't been rained on yet. Ivee has had diarrhea for two days, but we have kept her hydrated. Good thing she can't throw-up, cause she has tried often. The kids are enjoying a break from school. We'll start up again after we return from St. Jude in July. I did well on my yard sale. Craigslist is working well for me too. No bites lately, but still trying.
NOW, for my south beach diet friends and those who just want to eat healthier, I have a recipe for you. I made it last night, and the kids and Em loved he. He couldn't believe something that good could be healthy for you. So, I am going to share. (Ange and Cathy, you'll love it). I have modified it a bit to work for us, and you can do the same as well.

Harvest Grain N' Nut Pancakes

In one bowl mix the following
3/4 cup Quaker Oats (not instant)
(important: grind oats in a blender or food processor until fine, like flour)
3/4 cup whole wheat flour (not enriched)
1/3 cup all purpose flour (not bleached or enriched)
2 tsps baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Mix dry ingredients together. Set aside.

In another bowl mix the following
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1/3 cup milk (fat free or 1%)
1/4 cup olive oil (or canola)
2 eggs
1/4 cup Splenda or raw sugar (you can use reg. sugar if you are not dieting or on a health trip)
Mix with electric mixer until smooth.
Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Then add...
3 tablespoons finely chopped blanched almonds
3 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
I put mine in the chopper to make them real fine.

Ladle 1/3 cup of the batter onto the hot skillet (set on medium to medium/low and spray with cooking spray). Cook the pancakes for 1 to 3 minutes per side or until brown.

I had to lower my griddle and cook longer to make sure they got cooked all the way through. Makes a thick, delicious and healthy pancake. Use sugar free syrup! Makes a great breakfast or supper!
Makes about 12 pancakes.
You can also freeze these after they cool. To reheat, just put a stack in the microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes.

Hope you all enjoy, and if I find any more yummy recipes, I'll be sure to share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I JUST checked your blog...I am behind the times. I am printing the receipe as I type. I'll let you know how it goes! (when we all get well)

Thanks,
Cathy