About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Monday, May 12, 2008

A long weekend

Well, it was a long, but fun, weekend! Ivee's party was great, and I appreciate everyone who came to celebrate it with us. (And those who tried, but a flat tire got in the way!) I will post some pics asap, promise.
Ivee had a swallow test today, and even though it was with a speech therapist we have never had before, I saw improvement. And, based on what I told her of the previous test, she seemed to agree with me and what I saw happen today. Ivee, however, did not cooperate. We did manage to get some down her throat, and even with the crying, I didn't see her aspirate once! She seemed to swallow without having much difficulty. It made Em and I very happy, and makes us want to push really hard to get her the right therapy. Early Childhood Intervention is nice and they give great advice, but I believe that if Ivee had the right treatment a few days a week, we would see dramatic improvement. So, that was good.
Tomorrow, our niece, Erin, graduates from Daphne. We are proud of her. Em will go to graduation. I think Ivee needs to stay home, so I will be there in spirit. Erin's softball team from Daphne is also in the state finals, so the fam is going to travel to Montgomery this Friday and Saturday to support her and the team there. Pray all goes well, and that the kids will be on their best behavior while there. Ivee hasn't been outside for long periods of time, so we are praying that she will do well.
Well, Em and I are undergoing a new "hobby/business." We are selling on ebay, and trying our hand at selling antique furniture. I plan on perhaps starting a "blog" to display these items so that people who are interested can view them and the prices there. So far, the furniture on ebay hasn't sold. So, if anyone out there is interested, or knows someone who is, in antique furniture or ideas, I'll start that soon (perhaps). Look for a link on my blog to it. I'll need a cute name for it, so I need to get the wheels a turnin'.
Take care and talk at you all soon. I promise to post the bday pics SOON!

No comments: