About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Well, I have attempted to update the blog a few times, and each time it didn't save. Hopefully all will go well this time. I just returned from the "Women of Joy" conference in Gatlinburg, TN. Em and my dad keep the kids for me. It's a relief to know that you can leave your kids with your husband and know that all will be well while you are gone. I am a very blessed wife and mom. I had a wonderful time. It was a joy to spend my time with my friends Melissa, Ange and Cathy. It was a much needed time away from the stresses of our normal lives, and a great bonding time.
The conference was good. I had never personally "heard" Kay Arthur. I suppose many would put her on a type of "pedestal." But, what I enjoyed so much about her is that she was just so like the rest of us, and down to earth, and just burdened for this country. She was just in alignment with the things of God concerning where our nation should be, and why we aren't there any longer. The other two speakers were just so funny (and so was Kay many times). Liz Curtis Higgins was one speaker, who is by trade a Christian-fiction historical novelist. She was just so entertaining. And we ended with Sylvia Harney on Sunday. Just a funny lady with a great testimony. She is that person who has anything and everything happen to her. Like one of the those people who you can't believe had all that happen to them in life, cause no one has that many stories that can be true.
Jeremy Camp was in concert Saturday night, and we just loved his time with us. It was like walking in on someones "jam" session and just talking to him on the couch. Except, he was the one doing all the talking.
So, all is well at the Foley's. Ivee will have another swallow study soon, within' the next few weeks. We are praying for a great report. Her second birthday is in just 3 weeks. I can't believe it.
I have to go now. Homeschool is SCREAMING at me.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I am officially jealous!!! Sounds like you all had a wonderful time. Tell all the girls I said hey and send my love!