About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

A word to the wise.

I have definitely come to a conclusion. As school is approaching the last part of the year, for anyone out there who is considering homeschooling, DO NOT use the Lifepacs from Alpha Omega. I like the idea of books being available to work in, but the curriculum is ridiculous to me. Em and I have been reading the math for Britt lately, and we believe it must have been written by a math idiot. I'm sorry, but when it tells you to round the the nearest period, something is wrong. There are no periods in math. Decimals, yes, but when it wants to you round to the closest millionth or billionth, it is not a period! And the Bible must have been written by a senior in seminary who needed a thesis. It is just not on the level of a 6th grader. I doubt even the greatest Bible scholar out there could tell some of the minor kings (all 2 thousand of them) in the Old Testament and which one did which. Plus, all their names sound the same! The subject matter in these books just never complete one thought before they are trying to move you on to some other law of American language arts.
I'm sorry, I just had to vent and try to persuade anyone out there from purchasing Lifepacs. Someone once told me they were the hardest curriculum. Yeah, it is cause NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND IT!
So, I will be looking for other options for next year, if I continue down this road. Any suggestions from my Homeschooling parents out there, let me know! Thanks for listening (so to speak).

1 comment:

Luvlie said...

I haven't done the homeschool thing, but I have a friend in Texas who is doing it with her 3 children. She is using the A Beka curriculum and seems to be very pleased with it so far. Good luck in your search!

Lori