About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Sharing Knowledge is Power

Well, maybe or maybe not. BUT, I have learned alot about alot of things this past year. I'm going to share some of my knowledge with you moms out there with little ones in diapers. When Ivee under went chemo, she consistently had horrible, blistering diaper rashes. Now, I know her circumstances were unique, but everyone with a little one has to deal with diaper rashes. Desitin and Boudreaux's Butt Paste can do the job. But sometimes they don't work well enough, soon enough, or maybe even at all. In the hospital they made a concoction that I have tweaked a little at home. At this moment Ivee has a pretty bad rash and we tried both for a few days. It just got worse, so once again I made the quick fix. After just 1/2 a day of applying it is going away...finally. So, here is the mix. I think I'll just keep some made up and ready to use any time I need it.

You'll need the following...
1 tablespoon - Desitin
1 tablespoon - Boudreaux's Butt paste
1 teaspoon - Vaseline or Petroleum Jelly (Optional)
1 1/2 teaspoon - Liquid Mallox or Mylanta
Mix the Desitin, Butt Paste and Jelly together. Then add the Mallox or Mylanta. If it seems too thin, add more desitin and butt paste. If it is too thick, add more Mallox.

Honestly this will do the trick! The ointments help to sooth and make it stick, while the Mallox/Mylanta take care of the acids that cause the blistering. If you have any questions just email me. I hope this helps any of you who are looking for a good fix for that unpleasant problem.
Now if Nurse Hope can help with any other issues, just give me a shout :0)

We are waiting anxiously for Ivee's braces to come in for her feet. She's doing well with taking some steps with help, of course. But, her poor feet and ankles need support. Shoes are helping cause her ankles are so big. She'd have to wear clown shoes to get any to fit. That just won't work.
She is trying to mock everything we say now. Some words of course are easier than others. She has learned a new song. The Elephant Show song...or Sharon, Lois and Bram show song ..."I love You." She is so cute doing it. I'll try to get it on video, but as many parents know, once the camera goes on, everythign cuts off. Can't make a one year old cooperate when it comes to that I suppose.
I would ask in prayer right now that everyone remember little Christian (over in my links). He is going downhill rapidly, and his mommy and daddy are just trying to make him comfortable here in the end. You can tell their heart ache just in their comments. My thoughts are with them daily.
Hope everyone has a great week and REMEMBER. SUNDAY is Daylight savings. SO move your clock forward one hour.

1 comment:

debchastain said...

thanks for the magic formula. i'll reference that for sure in the future :0) i would have never thought of mylanta but that makes sense. erin's the same with the camera. she says please now and its hilarious and oh so cute. we gotta get that while she still says "p'esssss"