About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

I'm just sitting here tonight checking out friends/families blogs, and I'm kinda just missing some people. I haven't seen my sister Sonia since Thanksgiving (she never updates her blog), so I am kinda out of the loop on her life. It's strange...you grow up with someone who for all you remember was always there...most of that time you hate each other and then just as you are starting to get along one of you goes to college...then life just kinda creeps by without you noticing. She's always close by, but then she gets married and moves away and ya miss just being able to call her up and invite her over so you can laugh at something stupid she's done or laugh at the kids cause when they get together there is always a surprise. (I know...that was a real run-on-and-on sentence).
Anyway...sorry for the pity party. Anyone want cake :) I would love some but I'm on a diet.
I was just looking a my best friend growing ups site...Deb C. She came by for a visit at Christmas time but didn't get to stay long. We see each other about twice a year when she comes home. I think you just start looking at her pics, and Deb alot like me hasn't changed much. We're just older and fatter...Love ya Deb! But it's fun to reminisce about the past and think of all the great times we had, and sometimes as a 32 year old, I just miss the simpler days. I know, we all thought they were horrible and would adolescence ever end, but even 14 years ago things are so different from now. We didn't have the same worries or concerns. I guess I'm feeling a little "old home" sick...if that makes any sense. Not that I want to live at my parents home again :) but I love thinking of not having to think. I think I'll stop now. This is going no where!
So, to anyone who stuck in there on this blog...more power to ya! Maybe I just need a good old vacation!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hope...I can understand & relate to what you are saying. It does make sense "old home" sick. I continue to pray for all of you. I really like the slide shows. Happy belated birthday to Ethan...precious pictures of Ivee. It's good to see the blog updated =). God is good. Much love, Anna C.

debchastain said...

We are indeed older and fatter :0) I feel what you're saying. (and I haven't had the year you have!) One of my favorite things about being home at Christmas is being silly with carol and david (and Chris, Red & Blayne too of course). Not just being silly but really being FREE to be silly, relaxed and care-free. Never again to be as free and easy as at 15. You're right though, the "good ole' days" were never THAT good, but at least they were wonderfully EASY compared to life now. As for sisters, Carol and I were just saying the other night on the phone how handy it would be if we lived in the same town. Nostalgia-glorious and dangerous :) Good to remember how blessed we've been - then also to remember how blessed we ARE. love you friend!

Anonymous said...

Girl, sadly enough you read my mind today. I was driving back from a visit at my parents' house this weekend thinking basically the same thing. Things were simpler then and we didn't have any way to understand how much we should appreciate it. OH well. Maybe we can help our kids appreciate it.... =)
Daisy