About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Well, for those still keeping up with the Foley's...I miss the comments :( ... Ivee is feeling much better, and her attitude has improved. Still hacking her head off, but who of us isn't right now. Mucus has taken up a permanent residence in my throat. Now I've grossed some of you out. Sorry :) A quick prayer request. Remember Johnny (link to the left...Sileno family). His MRI came back with a shadow. Could be radiation scarring or tumor grow. Leaning toward scarring, but the docs have to paint worse case scenario. Johnny received his second dose of radiation for the same tumor Ivee had while we were at St. Jude. His parents are awesome. He'll have another MRI in a month instead of three to make sure there is no new growth, and that it is an affect of the radiation. Thanks.
Ethan has left to go to Jacksonville with papaw to see Aunt Sonia this weekend. Britt wanted to go, but our Christmas musical is this Saturday and Sunday, and I told her if she wanted to be involved she had to be committed. SO, even when a fun trip comes up, commitments come first. I'm sure she hated the responsibility speech. For those interested, the musical is at 6:00 pm. It seems a bit strange that this is the same time last year when Em, Britt and I portrayed a family in "cancer" crisis, and then a few weeks later it became reality. It just seems sometimes like it was yesterday, and then other days it feels like forever ago. We are so blessed! By the grace of God we will celebrate our first Christmas at home with Ivee there! He has been gracious on this journey, and we are forever grateful. And I can't tell you enough...you all were his physical hands here on earth through it all! We ended that musical (The Gift) with a song called "We are One." I'll end with the words that truly became reality for us through you.
They'll (the people will) know we are Christians by our love
Yes, they'll KNOW we are Christians by our love
You are a gracious, giving and Loving family. Have a blessed and Merry Christmas!
(PS. Daisy, I wasn't referring to you earlier :) Compliment, I mean comment all you want!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope, You haven't posted anymore about Ivee being able to eat yet. Has the doctor cleared her for solid foods? It's good to hear Ivee is feeling better. Kirby and I were listening to your Christmas CD yesterday and thinking about all of you. She couldn't believe that was someone she knew on a CD. LOL Her dream is to become a singer so she was very impressed! Take Care. Becky

Anonymous said...

You're too funny! You know I stalk, I mean watch the blog all the time. =) I just think you guys are awesome and have so portrayed how a Godly family should handle all you've been through in the past year and I thank God for the example you've set.
I do understand about the mucus, too. I'm right there with ya'! Here's hoping we're all well for the weekend! Can't wait to see the musical!
Daisy =)

Anonymous said...

Hope, I've been thinking of you all and how The Gift (the play) became reality for you right after the last performance. Watching how you've handled the situation has been a real inspiration for many people, myself included. We're looking forward to the musical this weekend. I know it will be a great blessing. And I do appreciate all the hard work and long hours that go into the production;;;;Faye Carter

Christy said...

Will there be a way to get this years Christmas Musical on DVD? Are there any DVD's of "The Gift" still around? Just wondering... Oh yeah, how is the upstairs addition to the house going? Do you have any pics yet?