About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Saturday, December 08, 2007

A late night

It's been a late night tonight. We had dress rehearsal, so we got home late. I took and shower and some meds. Just waiting for my throat to stop itching, so I can stop coughing. I kept Emmett up all night last night with it, so I'm trying to be considerate tonight. Might sleep on the couch.
Ivee is doing so well today. The only time she really got fussy was at supper time. She wanted to eat my food. I had a creamy dessert in front of me, so I gave her a taste. MISTAKE! That is all she wanted and I couldn't give her that little bit that I can fast enough. She, Britt and I spent most of the day shopping for grocery's and for a blouse for the musical. She was very cooperative, and talked to everybody. I think being cooped up in the house for a week and a half drove her crazy, and she was just happy to be out and about. She blew kisses to everyone she came across. And her babbling just goes on and on now. I remember after her brain surgery she would try to cry, but for weeks she couldn't make any sounds. My hear ached so much, and I just remember saying that I would listen to her cry for hours if she could just make a noise. So now I find myself when she goes on and on remembering what I had said then. She can be loud sometimes, and she makes this really annoying gasping sound when she doesn't get her way...but I wouldn't have her any other way. There's nothing like hearing her say mama, dada, and bye bye to everyone. And it is so sweet when she blows kisses and goes mawa.
Ethan and Papaw made it to Jacksonville, and the infection on Ethan's thumb looks better today according to my dad. It had me a little worried. It was just kinda gross.
The play/musical really came together tonight. I hope you all can come see it. You can purchase a DVD of it (Christy). I think you can do that online at the church website (faithfamilyonline.com). Also, there are DVD's still available of The Gift. I actually think I have some extras around my house, but I'm not sure of that. For those who can come this weekend, it starts at 6 pm Saturday and Sunday night.
I'm getting sleepy now, so I'll sign off. God bless and goodnight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're blogging lately! I've been cooped up in the house all week, too. I was/am sick with the crud and now poor Luke is sick. It is so pitiful when your baby is sick and there's nothing you can do for them. He just has a cold so I can't even imagine what you guys were going through this time last year. THere's so much to be thankful for this year.
I wish we could see the musical SO much, but with both of us sick, it doesn't look like it will happen. Good luck with it and maybe we can see it on DVD.
Daisy

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart Hope! I am tired just thinking about how full your days are now. I hope you are feeling better. I am looking forward to seeing the musical tomorrow night. I am glad Ivee is feeling better. Love and prayers, Anna C.

Christy said...

Thanks for answering the DVD questions. I will look into getting them both. I wish we could be there this weekend to see it in person. It is overwhelming to think about how much has gone on this past year(with everybody)! Things here are really good. Brad still travels a bunch but I have my parents here to help me. Tomorrow is Dean's 9th birthday, so I was still up wrapping gifts...and now I am checking on all my blogger friends. Thanks so much for getting me started with the Blog, I really love it so much. I have never been a scrapbooker...but I feel like I am a cyber scrapbooker now...I even print out our entries and keep them all in a notebook(so I guess it is my scrapbook now)! Well I better go and get some sleep, tomorrow will be a busy day. Talk to you later, Christy