About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

G.I.F.T. Day

I have been just wracking my brain to try and come up with a name for this day. I would just ponder, and ask the Lord to help me. But nothing seemed to fit. Then while in the shower, where most brilliant ideas come from it hit me. December 18th is G.I.F.T Day.

As many of you know, Emmett, Britt and I were in a production in 2005 and then again in 2006 called "The Gift." Many of you have were there to see it, or have seen the DVD. In the play we are married and our daughter has leukemia. She is in remission, but then slips back into a very heavy case that will require a transplant. Her family is not wealthy and has no insurance so they don't know how she will survive. A man, who the girl shows complete unconditional love to, is saved by the grace of God and the witness of the little girl. The man then helps save the little girls life by giving financially for her to receive the transplant.
Well, after the 2006 production of this play...one week later in fact...Ivee's cancer was discovered by the grace of God. He allowed us to find it before it was too late. That's is when our lives changed...for the better. Yes...for the BETTER. You see, it was through this "gift" that we have become more dependent on him...closer to him...and have learned to "hold on to his faithfulness." So, you see December 18th is G.I.F.T day. Not because of a play we were in called "The Gift", but because on that day we learned once again that...
God - Is - Faithful and - True.
So to you all... Happy G.I.F.T. Day
If you haven't watched our thanks video, click the link to the top left.
Love to All~ Hope, Em, Britt, Ethan, and Ivee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've really been looking forward to hearing you heart on this anniversary, and I knew we'd all be blessed by what God showed you in reflection. Thank you so much for sharing your heart and showing us HIS. God is faithful, and we are holding on to His faithfulness.
Happy GIFT Day!!!
Daisy

Anonymous said...

I was reflecting on a year ago today this morning. Wow. The Lord intervened in a mighty and obvious way on Dec. 18, 2006. Yes, it did bring us closer to the Lord and made me consider things like I never had before...it also brought my family closer to yours. What Joel shared with us Sunday, to "hold on to his faithfulness" has been an awesome word for me! What a comforting reality and reminder. That seems a lot easier than hanging on to my own in those moments. Anyway, you know we love you guys. Happy G.I.F.T. Day! I'll talk to you soon. Lovies, Cathy P.