About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Today we are in USA W&C hospital. Ivee woke at midnight with horrible congestion. Then a few hours later had a fever of 102.7. They will keep her for 48 hours to do cultures. Have to make sure her port isn't infected. Em and I believe we know what is wrong. She went to the Children's Medical Group office on Tuesday, and just as I figured would happen...she was fine when she went there (and for the record has not had any illnesses not cancer related since December of 06) ... and then a little after 24 hours of leaving the ped's office, she is sick. This happens every time we take her there. I just feel like we are walking into a cesspool of germs. Ironically, she told us to stay away from people who maybe sick, and to socially keep her isolated. That's not the problem. Well, I'll stop now. Just remember my back in your prayers. The hospital is not a comfortable place to sleep.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Hope I am so sorry. I am praying the Lord will bring healing to Ivee and for you & Emmett's spiritual, physical, emotional & mental well-being. I think about the song Cathy sang, "God is still doing great things". Much love, Anna C.

Anonymous said...

Hope - So sorry that I am just now reading this. We were away in the mountains this weekend. Don't get me started on Children's Medical...I used the word hate when referring to that place today. I like her doc but there policies (i.e. sick appts) are INSANE!!!! When your child is sick you need a doc and it shouldn't matter what time you call...never mind. I hope Ivee is better and you are home sleeping comfortably again. I sent some PJ's that were Macky's by Aunt Karen. They were given to me and won't fit my chunk anymore (her gut is too big!) I know Ivee likes Nemo. I will be praying for you guys tonight. Many blessings, Paula

Anonymous said...

Hope,
We hate hearing that Ivee is in the hospital again. Hopefully by now you guys are back home and she is feeling better. We constantly think about you guys and pray that things will start getting better for your family. Kirby had a trip to the hospital Friday as well, she put an aquadot in her ear and we had to get it removed! LOL!!
Take Care,
Becky & Dave

debchastain said...

Hope she's feeling better now and that your back is okay too! That's so frustrating about the Dr's office... Blayne and I have been sick and I'm scheduled for sinus surgery at the end of this month (after 12 years of chronic sinus infections i guess its about time).