About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Just taking a moment to remind you all to pray for Ivee. Her swallowing test is coming up on Monday, and mommy is very anxious. Trying not to be, but human feelings can be hard to control. Praying for peace.
The fundraiser for St. Jude is going so well. If you don't know what I'm talking about or still want to give your financial support, look at the last blog.
The upstairs is near completion, with doors to paint and install and a toilet leak that we'll have to find a way to fix.
Gonna try to post some pics later.
Take care.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope, I am praying for all of you, especially for you & Ivee. May the peace of God (which we cannot begin to comprehend)guard your heart & mind in Christ Jesus.
Much love,
Anna C.

Anonymous said...

Hope - I have been a little anxious myself lately. I sometimes think about the overwhelming love and the RESPONSIBILITY I have for my children and it can cause such anxiety in me. I am a worry wart anyways so the slightest thing can get me in a tizzy. This totally goes against God's word but like you said human feelings can be hard to control. However, I keep reminding myself "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard MY heart and mind through Christ Jesus" (Phi 4:6-7). I am like a kid who needs that security blanket. I want to know XYZ is going to happen and when it is going to happen. I need touchstones and God says to me I am the only touchstone you need - just trust me. As a mommy, this is just so hard sometimes. I will be praying for you (pray for me too, please) that God gives us the peace we need to trust him completely with our kids and all the things he has blessed us with. How "teaching" going with the kiddies? Many blessings, Paula

Anonymous said...

Hey!! I have a moment (very rare these days!!!) of peace and quiet so I'm catching up on things. Hope to post on my own blog again soon, but we'll see...
Anyway, I'll definitely be praying for Ivee and her test. Keep us posted on how it goes!!!!!
Daisy

debchastain said...

We'll be praying for the test on Monday and for you! I hope that the final touches on upstairs are done soon so that you can really begin to enjoy the fruit of your labors! Can't wait to see the pictures. Love you lots!