About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Monday, September 10, 2007

A Special Request

I ask for a special prayer request. Please pray for Erin Roderick. She is a 3 year old with the same cancer/tumor as Ivee. She has had another recurrence, and they are going to try a new treatment on her. They are praying that insurance will cover it. It is a pretty lengthy explanation, so for a short synopsis from her mom, visit their site. www.caringbridge.org/visit/erinroderick . This treatment hasn't been tried on an ependymoma before, but on a cancer similar to it. She (the mom thinks) may be the first ependymoma patient it is tried on. So...this would mean more research for Ivee's cancer. Thanks everyone.

And just a heads up...one of my best friends is working on a fundraiser in (possibly) November. She wants to raise a charitable gift for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Ivee's honor. I almost cry thinking about it. After learning that funding has been cut over the years for Children's Cancer Research, and that most advances made in cancer research for adults come from the research they do on children's cancer, it means the world to me for this opportunity to happen. Just to know that we are helping to save not just children's lives, but to better the lives of all cancer patients. It gives me a complete HOPE to know that any amount of money can help fund the science that we need to extended Ivee's life, and the lives of the other little ones I have come to love. Did you know that the average gift to St. Jude is only around 23 cents. No amount is to big or little! (Yes, God does still use science for good :) It does have a "good" purpose. I had to throw that in for all you who know that I hate most science specials on t.v. What bologna!)

Now that I have rambled, got on my soap box, and made almost no sense, I will let you all go. God has made you very near and dear to my heart! Even those I have not yet met, but have found to be an inspiration to me. All the parents of my little "ependymoma warriors". You are always in my thoughts. God bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU are an encouragement!! Thank you!!
It was great to see your whole family in church yesterday. I especially loved seeing little Ivee in the nursery window when we went by. She's getting to be a big girl!!
We continue to pray for you!
Daisy

Anonymous said...

It made perfect sense to me. You have such a big heart. He is using you & your family to touch so many lives. You are in our prayers. Love, Anna C.