About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Friday, September 07, 2007

National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month

September is National Childhood Cancer Month



Of course, everyday is awareness month at our house. There are some links that I would like to leave on here. One is a touching video on youtube.com. If you have 5 minutes, watch it and spread the word.



This is Ivee's hand print on display at the Ronald McDonald House in Memphis. I already have the links for Ronald McDonald House in my links column. There is also a long term housing facility, The Target House, for patients and families who need to stay at St. Jude for 3 months or more. Some families live there for over 3 years. Financial support is needed.

ALSAC is the fundraising organization for St. Jude. It takes almost $100,000 to run St. Jude a day. So support is always needed, especially in the area of research. Over the years, funding has been cut by the government, so it takes personal financial support to make some research happen. There is a link for St. Jude on the left. Take some time to visit their site, and see how you can help. It doesn't take much time or money to become a supporter.
My sweet Ivee showing how flexible she is.
We want to say thank you to every single person who made the last ten months of our lives a little easier. And today our hearts go out to the families who have lost a loved one to this disease. A special I love you goes out to the wife, son, and family of Jody Caraway. Jody passed away yesterday battling lung cancer at the age of 33. Emmett and I meet Jody in college, and though we have not seen him in a few years, our hearts break for his family. God bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great especially you & Brittney & flexible Ivee! We continue to pray for your precious family. Love, Anna C.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Hope - you just put things in perspective for me tonight. I have been stressing over this English class I am taking - really stressing to the point of dread. I could list a hundred reasons why but they don't matter. Looking at Ivee and reading her little display at St. Jude's just wakes me up to the important things in life. What a precious picture - she looks like she never had a bit of surgery or anything. I just watched that video and I can't stop crying. I don't know how you do it Hope. Just seeing those babies on a video breaks my heart. Ivee is going to kick this cancer - like the wall says - my hope is in God. Who better to trust in. Many blessings to you, your family and especially Baby Ivee (the little cutie). Good Night, Paula