About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Friday, August 31, 2007

A Few more Pics of the Big Apple

Here are a few more pics from NYC. I just like this pic of me and Britt. Here we are eating our last supper in NYC at the Joshua Tree (Hmmm...familiar name!) The food was good. And, according to Cathy, the French Onion soup was delicious, but stays with your taste buds throughout the night. P.S. I'm about to give a history lesson. Hope you like history as much as I do! : )
For you Spidey fans, here is the flat iron building. When you drive by it on the right there is this amazing special affect with the building. Hard to explain, but cool to see!

Okay...I wonder what this is? Hello, sleepless in Seattle anyone...anyone seen it. Of course, it's the Empire State building. For you people who don't watch romances, you may recognize it from other movies.
"Me no dumb, dumb. You dumb, dumb"....Night at the Museum. We looked all over the place for this guy, then finally found him. He was in the Pacific peoples exhibit, being that he is an Easter Island statue. Ah, good memories...and aching feet.
Okay, More movie trivia. Let's see if you can guess. This rooftop once was the portal for a god, 2 large dogs, three scientist, a black man, and covered in marshmallow? Any guesses? Anyone?
If you guessed Ghostbusters...you are correct. This is where Sigourney Weaver and Rick Moranis turned into dogs and Gozer the Barbarian came through a portal to our world. That is according to Hollywood. (Sad that I remember all that...isn't it)
This is from a more recent movie with Nicholas Cage. Under this church, the Trinity Church, his family finally solved the riddle of where the world's largest treasure was buried by our fore fathers in the movie "National Treasure." Good movie.
And our last stop today for Hollywood would be this apartment building. It is the place where a former spouse of Woody Allen's gave birth to a "not-quite-so-pleasant" baby. You guessed it...they filmed Rosemary's baby in this building. And for your music people, this was also the home of a Beetle named John Lennon, and the place where he walked outside and lost his life. Maybe that place is cursed?
Today I wanted to end with some reality. This is a picture of where to twin towers would be today if 9-11 never happened. Now it is just a whole in the sky, and a reminder that we are not promised tomorrow. My heart still goes out to the families there in NYC. Goodnight to everyone and God bless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope - It's looks like you had a great time in the Big Apple. Wow, you know your movies. Thanks for sharing the pics and the funny from today - the expired car meter. I hope I have a sense of humor on my way out - if i haven't completely lost my mind by then. I remember where I was when I had about the twin towers. I watched every night hoping they would find someone - a group of people - something. I watched that movie recently (I forget the name) about the two men that did make it out from under the ruble - truly a miracle. Anyway...it is late and I just wanted say hello after I checked the site. Many blessings, Paula