About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

New York...what a wonderful town...to visit

Yes, two moms can survive a trip to NY with their two girls. (Though the plane ride home was trying for a mom who's daughter can't stop talking)


Before I begin to tell you all about my trip, I want to say a special thank you to my friends and family that financially made this trip possible. )And to my Emmett for watching Ivee and taking care of her medical needs when I know it isn't that comfortable for him. Love you). After the last 9 months that we have been through, it meant more than anyone can know to just get away. Not only that though, but to fulfil a dream of going to NYC and seeing Broadway. Words cannot express my gratitude for the blessings poured upon us, in every form and fashion.

We had a great time, and we took in as much as you can take in 4 days sightseeing time. We traveled downtown, uptown, Chinatown, little Italy, Harlem, Soho, Broadway...everywhere we could on Manhattan.

Here's a pic of Cathy, Anna, and Brittney in Time Square. That place is amazing at night. It just comes to life.

Here are Britt and I at Rockefeller Center. Mom doesn't get to be in most pics, cause of course I am taking most of them. We visited so many places that I will have to post some of that later. Below are pics of our wonderful Broadway experiences. So, let's begin.
Thursday night was my all time love...Phantom of the Opera. Looking back, I must say it was the highlight of my trip. I have loved it for so long, and there were absolutely no disappointments. I cried like a baby, and for those who know me, that means something. I don't cry so easily. But to be quite honest, the Movie as good as it is, just can't do it justice. I will see it again. (The phantom had the most mesmerizing voice).


Friday night was Wicked. We all have to admit that no musical was like the other. I have fallen in love with this Oz...pre Dorothy story over the past year. It is a touching "new musical". It was the highlight of the girls trip. We all loved every moment, and though we missed the lead on Broadway for Elphaba, the wicked witch of the west, her stand in was amazing.
And lastly, Saturday morning we went on the behind scenes tour of wicked. One of the original cast dresses is above. Many cool things. And then we hit a matinee of Hairspray. By FAR the funniest thing I have seen in a while. Many familiar faces in that musical such as Jerry Mathers (leave it to beaver), Lance Bass, Tevin Campbell, and others. Well, I would love to tell more, but I have a crying Ivee. Love to all and I'll have more pics soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hope, I was happy to read your blog comments, and to see the big smile on your face! I know that this trip was a good thing for you and Brittney and I am so glad that you were able to go. I hope to hear more about your trip soon. Love, Karen G

debchastain said...

I'm sooo glad you had such a great time in NYC! Am jealous of all the shows that you got to see. Sounds like you really packed in the fun. The attic renovation is looking good...and it was soooo very good to see you and your fam. I FINALLY updated our blog. We have the same pic up of all our fams together :0)
Love and Hugs...Deborah (and Blayne and mini-Blayne)

Anonymous said...

Hope I am so glad you were able to make this trip. What a great memory for you & Brittney. We continue to pray for Ivee & all of you. Love, Anna C.

Anonymous said...

Hope - I do remember you! Thank you for your kind words. Life stinks sometimes . . . and then you pick yourself up and move on to the next thing. I am going to try to check back in and read your blog every so often. I plan to write in mine more often too. Lots of love to you and your family! Hello to Emmit and your kids! Kat