About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Our First FULL Day

Today was mommy first day back at work (part time), Brittney and Ethan's first day of trying to read on their own in schooling, daddy's first real day at his new job, and Ivee's first day at mom's day out in a year. So, we Foley's had a full day. I left work around 3:00 pm and decided to let the kids play at the park for 30 minutes since they had a long hard day of schooling. We'll catch up tomorrow on anything they really needed to nail down. So, Wednesday will be a full day as well. Below are some pics of Ivee at the park swinging. Her fun lasted all about 5 minutes, then she was ready to get back in the car and watch some more NEMO!

Something has her interest here. She was just "hanging" out.


Hey Mommy!

And this shot is for Paula. They are still pretty big, but we are trying out our Nemo jammies tonight. I think they look pretty cute! Nighty night : )

* Just a schooling note. Ethan hasn't been liking the Foley Elementary School in the first 6 days, and he doesn't much like his teacher, Mrs. Foley. He says it is hard. By the time we get to math, usually the last subject of the day, he has had enough, especially of subtraction :( Anyway, to the point. He had subtraction of place values yesterday (ten and one values). He just began to give the 'Ethan hates life' look and attitude, and I told him all about how you have to know this stuff when you grow up cause you'll use it. He told me he didn't need to know it when he grew up. So I asked him what he would do then, cause you have to get a job to pay for your house and stuff when you get big like mom and dad. He told me, "I'm going to live with you." After I stopped laughing, I told him that he would want to grow up and get married and have kids, and he couldn't live with me. Then he informed me he wasn't going to do that so that he could live with me and play games on his gamecube. I said, "Who's going to pay for you to buy the games? Momma's not paying for them." He couldn't answer, so I told him he had to know this stuff so that when he grew up he could get a job to make money to buy a car and drive to the store to buy more games. Needless to say... he did his math.

For those who are still with me...below is a link to a St. Jude article. I involves Ivee's doctor of radiation oncology, Dr. Thomas Merchant. It is a great article that lets you in on some of the advances that the research at St. Jude has made in areas that directly affect Ivee's and other childrens lives. If you have 3-5 minutes, take a moment and read it. http://www.stjude.org/brain-tumors/0,2577,466_2099_9620,00.html

I'll be updating soon about the Tric-athon that the Faith Family Preschool is having in honor of Ivee for St. Jude.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with Ivee > inside where it's cool; maybe Ethan just had too many Foleys =); great pictures...we continue to pray. Love, Anna C.

Anonymous said...

Im SOOOOO glad you are back at work! I have missed you tonz!!! And, of course, its great having the kids up there again..adds a little excitement to the place! ;-) I will continue to be praying for ya'll!! Love ya! ~Deanna

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!! She looks so long compared to my little short Mackenzie. Maybe it is just because Mac is about 30 lbs and that makes her look shorter. I am glad she likes her PJs. Now that I am working at the school I am amazed at the workload that even the small children have. I remember coloring and making crafts in kindergarten but now they are reading and what not. I feel for you Ethan - 1st graders are supposed to have fun. My sis use to tell mom she was going to live with her forever then she went to saying she was going to have 10 kids and live on welfare. She hated school - now she is a school teacher (and she only has two children and not on welfare - HA HA!). How is Ivee feeling these days - good I pray!! I still think of you all daily and continue to thank God for the healing that is taking place in your PRECIOUS little girl!! All God's Best, Paula

Anonymous said...

I am one of the many, many prayer warriors that you don't know but continue to hold your family up in our prayers.

I've never left a comment before, but your story of Ethan reminds me of one of my children.

My neighbor invited my daughter and two of my sons to play with her daughter and son. As they played she began to listen to their conversation and began to record it.

They were talking about growing up and what the future held. The two girls, her son and one of my sons expressed the usual.....nurse, fireman, policeman. etc....and NO talk of moving away from home. But my other son who was just 4 years old told them he was going to grow up, "get a bank", and "get me a WOMAN!!!" Where do they hear this stuff!!!! His twin brother asked him what he was going to do with a woman and he replied he needed someone to "do all the stuff mommies do."

And, by the way, he has grown up now (25 years old) and is a nursing home administrator....and has no woman yet!!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there with school. Take it from someone who homeschooled for many years, you'll find your groove and when you do it'll be alot easier. :)

It's great to see Ivy doing so well. I know y'all are glad to be altogether as a family again. Still praying for Ivy and the family.