About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Friday, September 14, 2007

So close I can... Smell it?!

Yeap, the mudding, taping, and sanding is done thanks to our friend Doug. Now Emmett is up stairs right now priming the walls, and I can smell every inch of it. Aaaaahhhhh, the smell of progress. That means, hopefully, the walls will all be painted this weekend, and then we'll tile the bathroom, call the carpet people, and wait for them to get there stuff together. Once, they are done, I can move Brittney upstairs, and try to get my home back... back from being the horrible junkyard it has become. If I have to dust or sweep one more time, I think I'll scream. It's just the worst thing to dust one day, and then wake up the next day and not be able to see Sponge bob clearly on the t.v. screen, cause secretly over night some horrible dust monster came and pooped an inch thick coating of dust on everything. Okay, I'm fine. Really.

I was looking at some pics of Ivee today trying to find a recent one to print. I came across her birthday pics from May. I'm going to post one below and let you compare it to the one from my last blog. It is simply amazing how wonderful she looks now! I couldn't help but cry. You know you've had a hard year, and so has she, but you sort of forget along the way. Then you see what she looked like on chemo, and well, your heart just wants to sob. Not sad or happy tears, just those....I need to let it out.... tears. Like that time on Everybody Loves Raymond where his wife Deborah just needed a good cry. I never knew what she meant by that, but it always made me laugh. I think I get it now. Well, enough jabbering. Here's the pics. Have a great night or day.

This is the day of her actual birthday in the hospital (USA C&W). She looked so sickly. All puffy and her eyes all red. If I remember correctly, she had a g-button infection as well. But she never fussed or complained!
This is from out party at home. No hair anywhere except for that little sprig on top. No eyebrows or eyelashes. The poor baby lost it all.
Now look at me. So much hair, and I'm so happy. She is such a good baby. I can't imagine a better personality from a child that has been through what she has. I call Ivee and the other children my little Ependymoma Warriors.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Hope, I'm so glad to see the improvements. Goodness Ivee looks like her Dad! She is really growing!!!! Glad to see ya'll are home. My prayers are still with lil' Ivee.
God Bless You All,
Barbara Jackson

Anonymous said...

Hope,
It makes me tear up as well....she just looks so great!!! Hope everything is going well on the Eastern Shore. We sure do miss everyone. We are all adjusting well to Birmingham, God is faithful to show us new blessing here everyday. We love being able to keep up with you through your blog. Our continued prayers are with your family.
Love,
Christy Benton

Unknown said...

That is so awesome!
Thank you for sharing that. It is an encouragement to my prayer life, and I see in that little girl just how awesome the God we serves really is. He's bigger and more powerful than we'll ever understand, and I'm thankful for what He's done in all of your lives!
I love the dust monster analogy, too. I think he comes to my house sometimes!!!
Daisy =)

baughman-family said...

OK OK - I know it took me a while but I updated it tonight with some new pics that I took today also. Haley is sitting on her own as of this week so I captured it on the green.

Anonymous said...

Hope, it is so good to have you, Ivee, Brittney, Ethan back at work. It makes it family again. Been praying for Ethan and regrouping in subtraction. Let me know if I can help him with this. It's good to see Ivee's playpen next to mom. Brittney is doing so well with her studies. The JOY of the Lord is your strenth and that is so evident as your light shines through your struggles. Thanks for letting us know your walk of faith.

In Christ,
Beth Pinyerd