About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

I always liked rainy days....

Unlike the "Carpenters" rainy days don't usually bring me down, but Monday's can. (Sorry if you don't know who the Carpenters are. Your childhood just wasn't as fulfilling without them :) JK) Anyway, we have received alot of rain here, and I will not complain about it. It is refreshing, and much needed. Of course, my tomato plants are no longer producing, but my other plants are enjoying the watering from heaven instead of my water hose. Ivee is doing well. She has been sleeping alot cause of that six week mark, but I think it is starting to taper off. So, I'll probably get less done, but that is okay. She is a good baby.
I have so many thoughts today, and sometimes my heart is heavy. Okay, alot more that sometimes. I find myself longing for easier seasons, but with trials and hardships comes perseverance and growth. It is a hard month for many of us. My dear friend Jennifer is not doing well. She has taken a very sudden turn for the worse (in comparison to a few weeks ago). Her daughter Meredith wrote the sweetest blog. It is not the writings that you expect from an 11 year old. She blessed my heart. Their family is ready for the end now, and Jennifer is ready for complete healing. Meredith overheard her praying for God to take her home this week, and she says it is time for mommy to go meet Jesus. She doesn't want her to suffer any longer. What strength God has empowered their whole family with. They lost their cousin, Jody, to lung cancer a few weeks ago, but they do not walk in fear. For very soon Jen will go meet Jody in that eternal home. I beat God can't wait for her to get there. (She has only been on loan to us all you know. That's what I have to remember about my Ivee no matter what happens.) So to my prayer request. Pray for Jen to have comfort while she is still here. Pray for her husband and children: Kevin, Meredith and Jacob. Pray for those of us who need to support them in anyway that we can, and pray that God will reveal what each of us need do. (Meals are already provided through December and as long as needed. Thanks for pulling that together Emily and others.) And lastly, pray that Jen's life and death will be a testimony for the lost, hurting and scared. I'll keep all of you posted for those who are my prayer warriors. God bless you all, and if you have the chance read Meredith's blog in my links section "The Busby Family." Good night

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope, we continue to pray for you; may your heart be encouraged. I can't imagine what you are going through but God does. You and your family are amazing; vessels the Lord is using to touch people's heart. Love, Anna C.