About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

UPDATE

Here is Ivee this past Tuesday. She is sitting by herself. It's not for very long, but she is doing it. UPDATE
She woke up Wednesday morning, and the whole right side of her chest was extremely swollen. The fluid had built up in her chest over night, cause the line had completely come out of the vein. The surgeons, who we had still yet to see, came up and realized they had no choice now but to perform some kind of surgery that day. They had us scheduled for next Monday (which we didn't even know was scheduled). So, they decided to put a new one in yesterday. They took her back at 5:15 pm and she was done at 8:15 pm. Daddy stayed with her and she did well that night. So, this morning we were finally discharged from the hospital. She is home now, and so very happy. She could have gone home this past Tuesday, but the line (and no available surgeon... still) kept us there until today. So, the not now so aggravated Foleys are home. We have to go back in next week for our last round of chemo.
Okay, the new news. They will not be able to do radiation in Mobile, unfortunately. We will be going to St. Jude's in Memphis in July for radiation. Mommy and Ivee (and I don't know if anyone else can go) will be gone for 6 to 7 weeks. Two weeks from now, after chemo, we will fly up there for evaluations and consultations. So, life is about to get really crazy for us. God didn't work it out for us here, so we hope there is something that she needed at St. Judes, and God knows what she needs...so once again we are not in control...and his ways are higher than ours. While we are gone, daddy is going to try to get the upstairs started. Hopefully he won't kill himself.
Well, that was a quick note and I'm out.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seeing that sweet picture of Ivee did my heart good tonight. She's really looking like a one year old big girl, and I'm so glad to hear she's feeling a lot better. I really pray for her comfort and happiness. I will also be praying for your trip to St Judes. I know beyond any doubt that God has something special for both of you there, and I'll be praying that He uses that trip in awesome ways. I know your love for the LORD will be evident to everyone you meet, and there may just be someone there that needs to see, feel or hear about that love that wouldn't be able to experience it if you & Ivee didn't go there to take it. I also pray that the doctors there will take excellent care of her and that you can both be back here with all of us soon.
Praying for you!!!!!
Daisy

Anonymous said...

I love the picture, she looks so sweet! Thanks for the update. Karen G .

Anonymous said...

Hello Foleys! I am still checking in on all of you. I want to let you know that I check in on a bunch of kids on the caringbridge site. There are several of them who have been to St. Judes and love it there. They say it's their other family. They will do anything and everything to help you and make you comfortable. There is a little baby there now named Ethan Powell. He was diagnosed with leukemia at like 2 months old...he will be there for some time. Hope you can meet his mom and dad while your there. Her name is Becky and the dads name is Ben. I have never signed in to their site so they dont know me...but i did want to tell you about Ethan. They are still looking for bone marrow donors for him because he has some rare marker that can't be matched real easy. Hope you have great luck there and I'm sure they will be able to help Ivee. Take care...Cathi Coon (sub at ECMS)

Anonymous said...

Hope - What a cute picture!! My intercessor friend that I shared Ivee's story with told me right after I finished telling the story that she needed to get to St. Jude's - they are the best. She told me her nephew was very young and was diagnosed with some form of cancer - she said he is doing so well today and they didn't have a good prognosis at first. I am so glad you are going there - but I am sorry that you will have to be away for so long. God is giving her the best possible care!! I am so not a country music fan but I love this song by Martina McBride and it expresses exactly how I feel right now(so many crazy things happening)..."God is GREAT but sometimes life ain't good and when I pray it doesn't always come out like I think it should but I do it anyway!! I do it anyway!!" I look at your baby and go why Lord - I just don't understand but I say to myself don't doubt - God is great and he is FAITHFUL and WOW!LOOK AT HER - SHE IS SITTING UP ALL BY HERSELF!! Maybe a better song is this old hymn "My God can do anything, anything, anything My God can do anything." As you can tell I love music - don't get me wrong I can't sing AT ALL so if you could hear what I am singing while typing you would cover you ears. I love to make a joyful noise to the Lord though and I think music like scripture comes to you when you need it the most. I can't tell you how many years ago we sang that sang in church but it just came to me. I know I am babbling...but I'll be praying worship as well as God's Word would continue to comfort you and your family during this time.
All God's best (So glad you are at home!), Paula Casallo

Anonymous said...

Precious picture of Ivee; I love that face! Bless your heart! We continue to pray for all of you.
Love, Anna C.

Anonymous said...

Hi Hope
I am trying to have a little computer time we will see how long it last. I was getting updated on Ivee and Thank the good good good lord she is going to St Jude. I know it is going to be hard on the family but St Jude is where I have wanted her to be since day one. I don't know if you ever got the application to the Rileigh and Raylee Angel Ride that I sent to you? If not you can go on line and print one.One of the board members has a grand child in our Downs support group which happens to be Raylee. Shes always stressing that the money is there for those extra expenses that ins. doesn't cover.Also there is an 18 years girl from Loxley that just finish school at Robertsdale up at St Jude she has a rare form of cancer.Her name is Jessica Pugh. They are looking at a 5 to 6 months stay. I know it helps when your far from home to find somebody to talk to they are at the Ronald Mc house.If you ever need help taking care of the kids just call. I have to take Sally to Pineville La. to her Dr once a month and the nurse comes in once a week other than that I'm doing dishes and washing clothes. Oh Yea new email address stebie1992@yahoo.com. Please get in touch. Debbie Burch

soraya said...

Foley Family-
I have been keeping up with jen and was looking on FFF website and saw this precious Baby, Ivee. I will be praying for her and your family as the fight continues. I am so amazed at your family and the Busby family, your faith and strngth is beyond me. As you both have prayed for me and my family in the past, I am returning this prayer in your time of need. GOD IS GOOD, AND MIRACLES DO HAPPEN! I am only where I am today thru the prayers of FFF, and JESUS CHRIST. As Jen lays on my heart tonite, Ivee shall also, and both will be lifted up to the LORD in prayer, as we wait in joyful hope of his promises. You are an inspiration to me, and let me tell you if she is not the most beautiful baby. Sorry Dad she got her Moms looks, well kinda. HA HA HA! I hope to come visit FFF soon and see some familiar faces. Kimsley Mounts does keep me up to date on Jen so that gossip, and rumors that I hear do not flow on, and I can stop them immediately. Now I will also have Kim let me know how to pray for Ivee as well as Jen.
TO GOD BE THE GLORY-
Soraya Clayton