About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Chemo week


(Posted are some pics of me in my hospital stays)

We came in to the hospital yesterday for chemo. She didn't sleep that well, but it was not as bad as last time when she received this drug. They are letting us go home today, and for the the other two doses, we can come in outpatient to the "USS Hope". The Hope is a specially designed place in USA hospital for kids who have to under go chemo for cancer, blood transfusions for sickle cell, or other treatments. It has a under the sea theme. There are 10 computer stations where you can watch t.v. or go online. They have special treatment lounge chairs. There is also a salt water aquarium with Nemo fish...clown fish, dory fish, an eel, and other fish that you see in finding nemo. I know I have spoke of the Hope before, so I wanted you to have an idea of what it was. We will keep her home the rest of the week until we leave for Memphis next week. We have to go up there for consultations and scans.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope, we'll be praying that your trip to Memphis is quick and productive and that they are really able to offer help and healing for Ivee. Those pictures are so precious, and I just love her in pink. That smile is beautiful, and I'm glad to see it!!
Take care!
Daisy

Anonymous said...

I love those smiles...both Ivee and Daddy! We are praying. Love, Anna C.