About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Don't get upset but...

Okay, so I didn't blog it, but we had to come back into the hospital 1 day after we got out. I just didn't feel like blogging. I feel so repetitive. It becomes mundane. She had another fever, and her central line port is coming out AGAIN. So, surgeons were out last week and today for the holidays. They will be back tomorrow, and we will have another surgery then or Wednesday. Then we'll be back in next week for the last of the chemotherapy. Ivee is just now starting to let us move her without her crying. She is rolling over again, and pushing up, so that is a good thing. So, we'll go back into surgery where she will be in pain again and congested. Oh, the cycle never ends.
Well, I have my days of discouragement, but I never loose my hope. Today I'm just tired of being here, and so is she. There are just so many things you can do in a 12 x 12 room. I'm fine, I'm not going to go postal, I'm just one of those people who likes to be free. I need stuff to do. Laundry and dishes look great right now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Hope. Bless your heart. And Ivee's. I've been praying for you every day, and you're on my mind constantly. It stinks that your family is having to go through this. There's nothing I can think of to say that will make this any better, but I do want you to know that you all are loved and thought about. I will try to call today to check on you - don't hesitate to call me if I can do anything for you.

Anonymous said...

Hope - I was looking for a scripture for you tonight and I found several but I had a marker on this one..."We are pressed on every side by troubles, but not crushed and broken. We are perplexed because we don't understand why things happen as they do, but we don't give up and quit...We get knocked down, but we get up again and keep going." 2 Corinthians 4:8 As you blogger friend this is how I feel for you - perplexed as to why this is happening to this precious child and a believing family. But I know God is faithful - despite the obvious struggle and I just keep beleiving for you that God is working on your behalf right now. When I was younger and single, I often felt overwhelmed with loneliness and frustration over God's not answering my prayers for a husband and family. (I know that sounds so petty compared to your circumstances but bare with me.) I remember reading this scripture and actually visualizing this in my head during those times..."I am holding you by your right hand - I, the Lord YOUR God - and I say to you, don't be afraid; I am here to help you." Isaiah 41:13 a few scriptures above says "Fear not, I am with you. Do not be dismayed. I am your God, I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with my VICTORIOUS right hand." I would just imagine God actually holding my right hand and it brought me comfort. I pray that comfort for you tonight. I don't pretend to understand how God operates - sometimes I wish I could. But he created us for his glory and Ivee's LIFE will bring Him glory - I believe it! I wish I could take your place in you 12 x 12 for a few days and let you get your fix of dishwashing and laundry!! Ha Ha! I promise I would do it in a minute. However, I understand how little girls need there mommies and so I will be praying for you to not get too crazy in that tiny space. All God's Best, Paula

Anonymous said...

Hope...P.S. Just to clarify... I meant only that I would love to help you and take your place for a few days so you could rest and I WOULD DO it in a minute. I hope you understood what I hope I said...Blessings, Paula