About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Monday, April 02, 2007

MRI and Jennifer's Surgery



Hello everyone. As you can see I am just splendid. I was crusin the other day, just chillin in my car seat watching Nemo. You know, even though I have seen that film well over 200 times in my lifetime, being that I am almost 11 months you know, it's cinemaphotography and lifelike realism just tickles that very imaginative part of my soul. Well, I do go on and on don't I. I get it from my sister Brittney. Well, on this particular day, I felt very lively, so the big people, I believe they are called mama and dada, took me out at my request. But, after a few hours, I did become quite exhausted. The stroller is wonderful place for a nap. So, I insisted that they go eat at Santa Fe's Southwest Grill while I got my beauty sleep. Well, I have gabbed long enough. Tata for now my sweets and I will converse with you at a later date.
Well, My Ivee can go on and on can't she. I think it is helping that the pollen season is coming to an end. First, Jennifer came through her surgery just fine. The doctors said it went way better than expected. They removed 95% of the tumors and 10 liters of fluid of her abdomen. 10 LITERS of fluid. That is unbelievable. For those of you who don't know her, or didn't get to see her post surgery, she is a very slender lady who looked 9 months pregnant. All of that was tumors and fluid. She is doing fine and in ICU as I type. Pray for a quick and full recovery.
As for my Ivee...her MRI and Spinal tap are scheduled for this coming Thursday morning at 10 am. They'll sedate her for everything, thank God. She is still doing great this week. If all goes as planned, we will resume chemo next week. I guess we won't truly know what we are doing until the MRI and tap come back.
My other kids are doing well. Sometimes it seems like there is nothing happening at all. Then other days you can tell they are affected by all of this. It is hard to know what they are feeling sometimes. And poor Brittney, who will be 11 in July...well, she is just beginning the emotions that all girls face. Her attitude is becoming wirey (if you know what I mean). You push a button, and you just don't know what emotion it will set off. Ethan, 7, is usually oblivious, but sometimes he voices his concerns. So, you know that he thinks of it, even if he doesn't always understand what is going on. Someone offered to take the baby the other day so that he could be the baby again. He said no, and they said why not. He said, cause I like her.
You know, Em and I are just still flabbergasted by all that people have done for us, and are still doing. Some gentlemen from a church down the road from our church came by Sunday. They are in a brotherhood there of retirees. They all have different backgrounds...from carpentry to electrical to other stuff. They want to help us build the stairs to our attic, and help with transforming it into another bedroom so that Ivee can have her own room. They don't even know us. They only know of us cause a friend of mines parents go to their church, and have told everyone of our little baby, and her medical condition. And God has blessed us with a tax return so we can afford to by the lumber for the stairs. We just needed someone who would know what they were doing and would do it cheap. God brought us the brotherhood from that church who is going to help for free. I guess I'll have to cook them a good meal! :) You all are such a blessing. I give thanks to God for each one of you.

Just a note. My husband says I need to proof read before I post, but who has time for that. I'm typing when I can. I told him that all of you understand me, and that is enough. LOL.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope - Ivee could win the cutest baby of the year award - except of course Mackenzie and her would have to tie for first. Looking at pictures of her she just looks like a precious little girl without any medical problems. Let's just say that will be the case VERY SOON! She is quiet funny that little one. I love that you are getting so much help from other believers. It's all just a reminder from God that He loves you and is taking care of things. As for the proofing thing - no worries. It is precious that Ethan's loves his little sis. He will probally always be her protector. I got to get to sleep - my kids were up at 3:30am wanting to play. I am sure you can identify. So glad things are going so well. Love the pictures. Blessings, Paula

Anonymous said...

Your posts are WONDERFUL, so don't listen to Em!! (I always spell his name wrong, so I won't this time) Those pictures are too stinkin' cute of Ivee!! Love it!
I was actually just getting done with my quiet time, and Ivee and Jennifer both are at the top of my prayer list right now. I'm praying for wonderful things on Thursday. Please let us know once you find out how things are. I'm always reminded of how strong faith can be when I see you guys sing on Sunday mornings. It blesses my heart to tears. Please let me know if there's anything you need that we can help with.
in love, Daisy

Anonymous said...

We do understand you Hope; no need to proof. That precious Ivee..the sweet tea gal. You are an amazing family. We continue to pray..for all of you. NOTHING is too hard for God..He's God!! I am glad you "sound" better. Thanks for the info on Jennifer. Praise the Lord. He is so good. We love you, Anna & Bob

Anonymous said...

Ivee looks so cute! And it's good to hear that you are doing "normal" things like going out to eat! Last night around midnight Ian was up for a while, and I just rocked him and prayed for a long time - you and your family were on my soul. It is amazing to hear what people are doing for you. It's easy to forget, but there are still good people out there. I look forward to reading some more good news soon.

baughman-family said...

Yea well tell Em that if it wasn't for you we wouldn't have anything to read....lol.....Love ya lotz - Tell Ivee that her little cousin will be here in less than a week.

I'm so excited to hear about the attic stairs project will begin soon. I thought that project would be years away. Its going to be awesome when its finished.