About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Ivee Update

Ivee is doing well. Monday she had a swallowing test. She is swallowing much better. They gave us permission to give her thin liquids. Her swallowing is weak, so we'll have to work with her to strengthen it. She still loves sweet tea. We'll try to get her to drink apple juice and other stuff, but in the end, sweet tea wins out. We even gave her chocolate milkshake. It just wasn't what she wants. She's such a southern girl.
Also, she had a hearing test on Tuesday. There is no problem with her hearing organs. They are clear and in tack. She passed the echo test, which tells us the organs are working fine. One of the chemotherapy drugs she goes on next week can damage hearing, so we needed to see where her hearing stands before the drugs. We'll go back in 3 months to see if there is any damage before she has a dose of the same drug again.
She is still improving physically. On the 21st she'll go for a 2 hour visit to the USA development center, to see where she ISN'T physically. We know she is really behind, but everyday she does something that makes me believe in a full recovery.
Well she is fussy, gotta go. Oh, she is getting her top teeth. The right one broke through, so they are bothering her. Once they come in really good, we'll get pics.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update - it's good to hear she is doing well. And it's so cute about the tea! ;-) I look forward to hearing about her visit on the 21st. Love to your family!

momof3girls said...

I love it when you post pictures! She's growing so much and is so beautiful. Grace had hair just like hers!

Luvlie said...

So great to hear that she is progressing well. She is so cute! I love seeing pictures of her! Looks like she is clapping in this one! We are keeping her in our prayers!

Lori

Anonymous said...

Hope - Don't you just think every day is a miracle with her. Even if she is behind a little - she is doing great things for a little girl who has underwent so much in such a short time. I remember when I first started reading your blog I thought to myself how could such a little person recover from surgery after surgery but WOW look at her!! As promised - corny jokes. I am going to this friendship weekend and they picked along with a few other ladies to tell jokes in a country accent. This is not a problem for me because I recently heard myself on my children's home videos and I am as country as they come - maybe "Southern" sounds better. Here goes...
Well, the other day I got on the scales, you won't believe what it said! What did it say? It said "one person at a time please." Well, did you think about going on a diet? Yes, I did, but I layed down until the thought went away. HAHA! That is so me right now - I can only use the excuse I just had a baby for so long you know. I am so glad Ivee is doing better. How is mommy and daddy? I hope you are getting more and more rest. All God's Best for your family - Paula Casallo P.S. what is up with the word verification thing? If i can't read the letters and retype them I can't make a comment? How would I be making a comment if I can't see? Deep thoughts!!