About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Chemo Break

Well, Ivee is on a chemo break for the next two weeks. She doesn't go back in until March 12th. She is still progressing well. She has rolled over to her stomach and then back to her back. She is holding her head up well. Her physical therapist is pleased with her progress. Of course, Ivee will never do what the PT wants when she is here. I have to always tell her what Ivee does. Ivee likes to wait til the PT leave the house, then she rolls over or does something else that Carla (the PT) wants her to do. Just proof that Ivee is a woman.
Ivee is still struggling with her gagging and congestion. She just can't seem to knock this stuff out of her system. I really believe that she may have allergies. Her eyes water alot, and she is always rubbing them. Just seems like typical allergy symptoms.
Begin to pray now for Ivee's MRI in 6 weeks. Pray that the chemotherapy is having an impact on her tumor. Sometimes the "mind boogers" catch up with me and Emmett. Satan tries to remind us of the statistics with her condition, and that the survival numbers are low. We are trying not to let him have the victory. We know that God is the supreme physician, and that he revealed the tumor, so Ivee is completely in his hands. Most days, besides the fact that she has to be suctioned and we have to feed her through her stomach, I feel like things are kinda normal. As if she was still a 5 month old or something. Then I remind myself that she should be sitting, and crawling by now, and I get discouraged that I don't have a normal child. And then I hit myself (not literaly) and say "hey, stupid, She rolled over and held her head up today." Then I am thankful that she will one day do those things. And if she progresses like she has been, she may be crawling by her 1st birthday.
Oh, I forgot, Ivee is talking now. She is not the typical baby. She said Mama first. Making the mmm sound and not the ddd sound. Daddy doesn't mind. He's just glad she is using her voice. She has been intibated so much, we were afraid there might be vocal chord damage. But she is verbalizing. She is also waving bye-bye, even though she doesn't know that is what it is. She's so cute.
Well, I've rambled enough. Oh, but great reports on my friends. Diane's little girl came back with negative results for TB, so Katie is doing fine. And my friend Deborah had her baby this past Monday. If you would just like to see pics of her little girl Erin, click on the Deb Chastain link to the left. Thanks everyone, and God bless.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Hope - I am at work so I will have to blog fast but...I will have to look this up later but the scripture comes to mind that God will never leave us or FORSAKE us. I can't imagine the thoughts you must be having and how hard it must be to turn them off. I don't want to say anything cliche because I dare not say I know how you feel but God's character is good and he is faithful and he knew about this before Ivee's birth and he knows her future. (Sorry that was so wordy) His plans for her are for good and not for evil - the same for you and Emmett. He gave her to you guys and his plans for you were for good. I have a scripture that I marked for you but I left my Bible at home and I can't find it now - of course but I will try to blog tonight. I think it is incredible that she is saying mom first. I think it is a girl thing because Mac is doing the same thing. She is using the MMMM sound - not mommy yet. I gotta get back to work. So glad she is progressing so well. Many Blessings - Paula Casallo

Luvlie said...

So glad to hear she is progressing well. I know it warms your heart to hear those two little syllables. There is probably even more joy in hearing that than anything! I am keeping you all in my prayers!

Lori

Anonymous said...

Hope and Emmett, I have another story that I hope will offer you some encouragement. When Katie was diagnosed with shaken baby syndrome at 5 months and had the shunts put in her head to relieve the pressure, we were told that if it had not been diagnosed then, it might have been too late. Katie very easily could have died, and there was even more of a chance given those lovely statistics you were talking about that she would have some type of brain damage. After having Sarah (who did everything so fast), it was frightening to watch Katie not meet those developmental goals. She didn't speak, roll over, sit up, walk, any of those things in the "normal" time. We worked with a therapist once a week for a LONG time, and by the time she was 3 she was no longer eligible for the program we were in because she tested AHEAD of her age group. I tell you all this to show you that God works miracles. There is no logical reason for Katie to be alive, no logical reason for her to be a bright, loving little girl. God did that. And even though it's not exactly the same as what you're going through, there are definite parallels. Look at how you found the tumor - I don't know God's plan, but it just makes sense to me that if He revealed it in time to do something about it, I believe she will be okay. It's hard to not have a "normal" child, but you and Emmett and the kids are doing such a great job! And you are NOT alone. God is there, but when you need to actually be hugged or something, you have a gazillion people reading this blog on a regular basis and loving you from near and far. Do not hesitate to call me any time. I am always here for you in whatever way you need me.

Sorry for the long rant - it was just on my soul to write all that after I read your post this morning. Also, thanks for the funny cards! They've brightened my days! I'll be thinking of you and praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Hope,Emmett, checked in with Ethan today on Ivee. As spring approaches just claim His promises of miracles everywhere. One can see it in the flowers, blue sky, birds singing, etc. Yes God is taking care of Ivee by giving her Godly parents like you and Emmett. Your blog and faith have touched so many lives including mine.

God Bless,
Beth Pinyerd

Anonymous said...

Hey Hope I love the slide show, especially the one with her hair sticking up, she is so cute!!!!!!!!You are a great mama, and I can't think of anyone that has earned the mama word first more than you!Ed and I are praying for ya'll. Karen G