About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Doing FINE

Ivee is doing fine. Her head is still swollen, still waiting for that to go away. She still goes to the hospital on Monday's for chemotherapy. She has a swallowing test this coming Friday. She has had a horrible case of diaper rash, again, but we are working on getting rid of it. This may be common thing for the whole 6 months of chemotherapy. She has good nights, and not so good nights. Her white blood cell count is high. This is good. Normal is anywhere from 4,000 to 10,000. Her count is 17,000. She is still having trouble with sinusitis and an ear infection even though she is on an antibiotic. Taking care of her is a full time job. She's on many medications, and a frequent feeding schedule. I have to make a hour by hour, day by day chart to make sure I don't miss anything. A physical therapist comes by two times a week to work with her. She has shown me some exercises I can do with her to help her regain her head control and strength, roll over, and maybe get her up to speed on the things she should be doing, but couldn't do before. Such as sit up on her own and prop herself up. Mommy and daddy are tired, but we are pleased to be home taking care of her. You definitely get NO rest in a hospital.
We can take her out of the house now, since her blood cell count is high. We still need to be cautious, especially around kids and people who are feeling under the weather. So, please... if you see us out and about, and you aren't feeling well, or have just been around someone who is sick, just wave from a distance. We know you care. We just need to be careful for now til we know exactly how she is going to be.
God bless, and I hope this keeps everyone satisfied until I can post again.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hope,
I was checking my e-mail and before I log off, I always check on Ivee for the latest information. I know you & Emmett must be tired. Our prayer is that God will give you rest and strength as needed to take care of Ivee as well as your other children. May God bless each of you. Barbara Jackson

Anonymous said...

Hello Foley Family, So glad Ivee is doing so good. Just want you to know that I am still praying for your family and thinking of Ivee daily. Please know that you don't have to keep this blog up just to satisfy the masses (we Ivee fans gots to realize that this is not a TV show). Please know I don't mean that ugly in anyway but I just don't want you to feel pressured to keep us up on everything. I love to her here progress but I know you are a busy mom of three. I honestly don't know how you do it with all you have going on. My husband put in Nemo tonight to watch - he is a big kid - and I thought of Ivee. Like I said I will never look at that movie again without thinking of her. I am searching for her a Nemo nightgown and as soon as I find her one I am going to send it by Aunt Karen. You all will be in my prayers tonight. Hope you get some rest. Blessings - Paula Casallo

Anonymous said...

Hello Foley Family,

I saw your post on another ependymoma child's site. My son was dx with ependymoma nearly 4 years ago. There is a web group you can join that is strictly for childhood ependymoma. It is through a site called The Braintrust. You need to sign up through the webgroup's moderator. You can visit the braintrust site and search ependymoma or if interested you can email me. My email is on my son ^Brayden's^ site. www.caringbridge.org/visit/braydenbreaux

The group is very helpfu and has lots of parental experience with ependymoma. God bless and good luck.

Andrea Breaux

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I live in Atmore and know Sonja from McCullough Christian Center. I had received an email recently about Ivee. I passed on information to other prayer warriors. I can only imagine how hard and trying things must be at times, but you are in our prayers. It is always nice to put a picture to a name. Now I can see her when I pray for her. Thank you for informing us. Happy Moments..Praise God. Difficult Moments..seek God. Quiet Moments..Worship God. Painful Moments..Trust God. Every Moment..Thank God.
Melissa Ingram

Anonymous said...

hey mrs hope. how are you?
how is the family?
how are brittany & ethan dealing with the situation?
i pray for ivee every night. i pray for the life ahead of her, any pain she is feeling, & i pray for her family. i know what it is like to deal with some one having cancer. with what i went through with my mom.
i know ivee will have quite a story when she grows up a beautiful young women. god will work with her & through her to touch many people.
continuing prayers
God bless
-- meghan lambert

Anonymous said...

Foley Family

I was so glad to see you in church this past Sunday. I wish there was something else I could do for your Family (besides pray). Please let me know if there is anything that I could do. I will of course, continue to keep Ivee and your Family in my prayers.

Cindy Henson

Anonymous said...

It was a blessing to see your family on Sunday. Every time I see you at church, hear you or Emmett sing I am deeply touched. I do not have the words to describe it...it is like my spirit sees and recognizes Christ in you and around you and I am so humbled. I am humbled by the circumstances you find yourself in and at the strength and peace you display. I pray that when you need to be alert, the Lord energize you. I pray that when you need rest, the Lord will grant you His perfect rest. I pray that when you are afraid, the Lord will make His presence known and remind you of His perfect love for you.

Not many moments pass in the course of the day before you are brought to my mind. God is faithful.

Love you guys, Cathy P.