About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Friday, March 15, 2013

New Scan Date

Yep...Those are my girls!!!! She does love that Brittney!!! I think the feeling is mutual!!

   
The date has been set. Brittney and I are taking Ivee back to Memphis for an MRI on March 25th. Right now, there is a stomach virus going around her classroom. We really NEED her well for this scan. Please, pray she doesn't catch this virus, that her 02 saturation will increase, that her secretions will loosen up and that any problems will just go away. And finally, pray for clean/stable scans! 


We had plans to meet with a pulmonologist while there, but they couldn't get an appointment with him/her until May, so that will not be happening. I have a pulse oximeter (check heart beats per minute and oxygen saturation) and have been keeping up with her stats. Her heart rate is a little high at times, but I believe that is due to the albuterol. Her 02 stats have been in the mid to low 90s. My concern, if Ivee's lungs are functioning fine and at close to 100%, would be the flattening on her brain stem that we've been watching since 2008. (This is the reason she had the scar tissue removal surgery in 2008, that lead to meningitis, that lead to a shunt placement). I am not a "worrier", but I do try to think things through and I do have concerns. My thoughts are that it is still because of the congestion to her sinuses that her numbers aren't around the mid to upper 90s. Still, these numbers are not common for her "normal" stats when we are in the sedation room every three months. I will be taking the oximeter with us to confirm that it is giving accurate readings (when compared to the more expensive and hopefully accurate machines of St. Jude).
 
                 

BUT, let me say. I know where my help comes from. My help comes from the Lord...the Healer, the Maker, Creator of me, you, Ivee, the heavens and the earth! So, I am asking God's hand of protection and his mercy upon her life and upon my heart. Scanxiety doesn't escape anyone with a severe medical problem, especially we parents of children who have fought the beast of brain cancer. The brain is the ruler of our body systems, and it is just scary to think about all that injury my baby's brain has endured. But, the miracle of her being here and doing what she can do makes me unbelievably grateful EVERY day! 
   

1 comment:

Susan said...

I will keep Ivee and your family in our prayers! May God wrap His loving arms around your sweet family and give you peace as you take this next step.