About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Sum of last weeks visits

I don't really want to or have time to go into details on the specifics of our meetings last week. And most of the time when I read a blog of update, I want to get to the meat of it all, not necessarily the entire days outline of events, not to say that anyone shouldn't write what they want to on their own website.
Thursday Ivee had a GI Contrast study done (to prove the existence of her paraesophageal hernia), and boy was that fun...she said sarcastically! The radiologist did say he saw it there. The surgeons are not certain they want to do anything to repair it, being that Ivee's gastric (mic-key) button has her stomach "anchored" to her abdomen wall. They said they might want to possibly address the "heaving" with a g-j tube, which goes from her g button site to her intestine. It would depend on what the endoscopy showed on Friday.
So, Friday we prepared for the endoscopy (same freaked out little girl about having to have one more thing done). The procedure went fine. Dr. Whitington came in after to discuss his findings, that Ivee's esophagus and stomach along with her nissen fundoplication all looked fine and in tack. The hernia having nothing to do with the heaving, he says, put that aside...this means that Ivee's heaving attacks are in his opinion all do to neurological damage. Not what I wanted to hear, but relief at just having an answer. So, in other words, there is one darn thing I can do or have done for Ivee to relieve her of the heaving. It is something that we will have to continue to live with, for however long, praying that God not only heal her of cancer, but that he heal the inside of my little ones head.
Dr. W does want to try to get Ivee on a medicine to increase her appetite so that we can continue to help her want to eat by mouth and in encouraging her to do so, perhaps, we can alleviate the aversion she has to food, textures and all things that do make her have a strong gag reflex.
As for surgery, my thoughts are, if this is neurological, what good would it do? Now, if she ever looses the g button (due to the fact that she's eating), then they will probably need to fix the hernia. But, if the hernia isn't the cause or it's not putting her in danger, then I guess we won't be doing anything about it.
I'll should hear from someone in surgery this week.
Still praying for my Ivee and her friends. Today Aaron B. and Isaiah have MRIs. Praying for great results. Nicky had a good MRI report Thursday. Lucy, Allison, Justin, Ronan, Haley, and so many others are still enduring chemo and treatment. Continue to lift them up in prayer!!! And praying for continued healing for Brandon, Levi, Olivia and so many others!

No comments: