About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

September is Childhood Awareness Month

Sept. is Childhood Awareness Month. I just changed my profile picture on Fabebook to the one above in honor of mycIvee who has been fighting a malignant brain tumor for almost 5 years, since she was 7 months old. She has known no other life than a life of medical treatments, cuts, surgeries, pokes and prods. If you have a Facebook or some other social networking account, consider changing your profile pic to a gold ribbon & spread the word about childhood cancer for the month of September. 46 kids are diagnosed & 7 die daily from some form of cancer. If you would like to help with funding for research, give to St. Jude's Children's Hospital or any other childhood cancer associations (ie. Cookies for Cancer, Childhood Cancer Association). BUT mostly, send up your prayers for a cure! Only God has the power to heal or provide the man made resources to do so. God bless you.

No comments: