About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Monday, June 06, 2011

The latest on Ivee

Ivee is doing well. We are still concerned about gagging/heaving and swelling in the back of her head. This morning, her little eyes are bloodshot from it! Her daddy wants me to get her in with the neurosurgeon here in Mobile (I don't really want to drive to Memphis, but will if I have too). The swelling seemed to have gone down, but is worse again this weekend. Since our Make a wish trip is next week, I would hate for anything to go wrong while we are in Florida. (We are all sooooo looking forward to going. It is a much needed break from reality and work.) She is suffering from sinus issues as well, which is what we are hoping is the cause of the gagging/heaving. She is on an antibiotic to help get rid of any possible sinusitis, but so far she is still having issues. She has also complained of back pain on and off, nothing consistent, but as a momma of a kid of brain cancer (that can also go to the spine) I am concerned and aware of every complaint. We are in the process of trying to potty train, but this is very difficult for Ivee. She has very little to no warning that she has to go tee-tee, so this will be a going potty based on habit more than based on sensation. 
So, please lift up a prayer that Ivee's head swelling is still just trauma from another dosing of radiation, that the back pain is nothing and that this antibiotic takes care of what is causing her heaving. If the heaving has anything to do with her paraesophageal hernia that means another set of test and visits to the gastro doc, whom I don't really care for! 
"Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed. Save me, and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise!!!"

No comments: