About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

After another crummy night in Memphis....

She had another horrible night of sleep. She would wake up often screaming and talking jiberish, kicking and pulling the covers on and off. I've never seen her act like this in her sleep, outside the hospital the time she had the reaction to the vancomycin. The only thing that was different about what I've been doing for her is a cough syrup they perscribed. SO, she will not be getting that before bed tonight!!! And hopefully that will solve that issue, I pray. 


Ivee's chest xray was compared to the last one they took (in 2008 mind you). She's always had some thickening of the lungs, but there is still a little room for concern, so we are starting her on an antibiotic today as well as some allergy medicine. With all the "new blooms" here and back home, even a typical healthy person could be dealing with all the allergy/pollen JUNK in the air. She has been sounding so awful. I've never heard her with a cough like this. Her lungs are crackly and she has a bit of a weez with the coughing. 

Tomorrow they will do Ivee's film. It is like a dry run for radiation treatments, doing all that they would do for it, but without the radiation beam. It will make things more comfortable and ready to begin radiation on Monday. 


We are trying to get her better quickly so that she will be ready to start the treatments and we won't have to be concerned about her lungs/breathing during sedation.  

I had a pleasant surprise visit with a former student and son of some old friends. My former Pastor and co-worker, Phil Wilson's oldest son, Isaac, dropped in on us yesterday. It was great to visit with him and see what he is doing and pursuing here in Memphis while he is in college. He has an exciting future ahead, and I am looking forward to seeing what it holds for him. He also caught me up on what the rest of the family was up too. Looking forward to a visit from Phil when he comes to Memphis sometime. And even though I had seen Isaac since he was 13/14, it was nice to talk to someone that I had known and had some things in common with. We shared many a dinner theatre experience those many years in Spanish Fort. 


On another note, it is kinda lonely here in Memphis right now. I haven't really had anytime to meet the families here, doesn't help that Ivee isn't feeling well. The last thing the chemo kids here need around them is a sick person. It is difficult to get around with Ivee, especially in the cafeteria, since she can't walk. She isn't back up to speed with using her walker and she doesn't feel well anyway. I have only been out of the room for hospital visits and for dinner at night. Plus, I find it difficult to strike up conversations with people, especially when you don't know where they are in their fight. Some families here want to be left alone, and some are struggling just to keep it together. So, I find that I don't want to "intrude" on others. I, as usual, will just wait until the time feels right or God prompts me to speak to someone. Plus, I don't have it in me to just strike up a conversation with anyone, I'm not good with small talk unless it's with a small person...kids that is. They will talk to you about anything if you are willing to listen to them. 


Okay, so that's enough whining from me. I'm going to go attend the 4 year old. 

1 comment:

Bellablue said...

Praying for Miss Ivee....we have other protocol kids getting radiated at right now ... Miss Haley ... I am sure you will meet her the girls are close in age ..... I will be praying for her congestion to STOP...

Angelia m/o Baby Nicholas
www.nickybear.com