About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ivee and Recovery

So, a friend posted a question wondering what Ivee will be able to do during recovery. I am not sure at this time, but can speculate. She will be in a full body cast from chest to toes, in a sitting type position. It will probably require that she be propped up though. She will have full use of her arms, so I believe I'll be investing in some kind of table that could somehow fit over her legs. That way she can do puzzles, draw, color and the like. I'm praying that this is the case. Once again, I'm not completely sure what position the cast will have her in.
Another question/s asked of me lately is "What about going to the bathroom? Or feeding her through her g tube?" Good questions! They will leave the "diaper" area open for us to change her. They will also leave an opening around her button for feeds. Of course, NO to baths, so I guess a good wipe down every night. My plan, for now, is to still take her to school periodically. I will stay there and help her out. Her teacher will have her hands full enough with the other kids to have to worry about Ivee falling over. We will see what we can really do once we are home.
Thanks for caring and checking in!!! We love you all and covet your prayers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope,
I am praying for a speedy recovery for Ivee...strength and encouragement, His peace for all. Love to all of you, Anna

Anonymous said...

Hope, Ivee was on my heart tonight. Truly lifting the Foley family up as you have been trusting God through this time. I have a peace that the surgery will go just fine and yes I will be praying for the Foley family for the next 6 weeks.

Believing in HIM as He heals!
Beth Pinyerd